ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun, not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul- Dave Pelzer

Fuck this

I open my eyes, staring up at the bland, cheap popcorn ceiling, looking over at the digital clock on the bedside table. It read 5:40 AM. The sun is barely rising, and it looks just as gloomy as usual. I live in a small town in Georgia. I know Georgia of all places.

I get up from my bed, my feet touching the cold creaking floorboards that I wake up to every morning. I walk out of my room and down the stairs to the only bathroom in the house. I brush my teeth, wash my face, and brush my hair, not taking too long since extra effort wouldn't be appreciated.

I go back upstairs and get dressed in a black tennis skirt, tights, boots, and a Nike sweater over a white button-up, and lastly, a jack and silver chain. Looking in the mirror, I give myself a once-over and say to myself.

"You look hot," I said, admiring myself. It wasn't a lie either.

When I say things like that, I don't think of it as conceited just self-appreciative. I don't put makeup on besides chapstick and mascara. Not because I don't need it, just because I'm lazy and honestly could care less of what people see. I want to seem unapproachable cause I don't like any of these bitches.

Gazing at my face in the mirror, I see my forest green eyes small and a crooked nose that has been broken once or twice. I see my full lips that fit my face good enough. My dark brown hair is almost black to my collar bones. My tan skin looks slightly paler than usual because it's wintertime, and not everyone can have a natural glow.

Sometimes when I look in the mirror, all I can think about is the family I didn't have. Would they look similar to me, or am I just as unique as people say I am? Today I didn't think those rather depressing thoughts.

I just stared blankly at myself, nothing good or bad to say, only an empty mind. It seemed alarming because my mind never lets me have a moment of fresh air when I am not thinking. Then it turned into something peaceful, something I could learn to love.

Looking back at the clock, it read 6:30. Grabbing my backpack, I throw it over my shoulder and go out of my window. Currently, I am living in a new foster home. I go out of my window and not the front door because I don't want to anger Teresa by waking her up.

She has never hurt me in any way, but only because I don't give her a chance. Being in foster homes so often, you learn what to do and what not to do. You don't anger them because I like to keep all my limbs intact. I'm only slightly kidding.

Seriously you never know how people are when they are angry and if they can control their anger. Teresa would seem like a nice enough lady if she didn't have a couple of wine bottles every night. I don't even think she remembers she took in a foster kid at this point. Scaling the house, I land right on the ground and start making my way to my favorite place on Earth.

The corner store. Walking about two blocks, I make it to the store. It is not shady, but I would be lying if I said I hadn't bought drugs here. Okay, maybe a little sketchy.

I walk in and go to the drinks and start debating between a white monster or a yellow Redbull. I end up with a monster and go towards breakfast food. I slip a pack of white powder donut up my sleeve while walking to make it less noticeable.

Going up to the front, I see the usual dumb man who I have been robbing for years playing on his phone. Setting down the Monster, I startle the man who I never bothered to learn the name of out of his phone-induced coma. He rings up the monster, and I hand him $3, telling him to keep the change. I walk out without my receipt and some stollen donuts. Now on my way to hell on Earth. Yes, I am referring to school.

Sometimes I swear that shit hole is going to combust into flames at any moment with every sinner in it. I am incredibly introverted because trusting people is not what I do never have been. I had a childhood best friend named Dane, but he just disappeared. No one messes with me at school because I don't mess with anyone at school.

So essentially, I have no friends. Not as sad as it sounds, I swear. If someone does make the grave mistake of saying something rude or generally anything, they have two options. 1. Recieve the coldest death glare I can muster up, or 2. punch them in the face. The consequence results in an appropriate offense. I sound like a bitch, but no one tries to be friendly here unless they want something.

Like I've stated, people aren't my cup of tea. I guess not all humans are social beings.

Making my way up to the school's front doors, I pull out my slightly older cracked phone and check the time. 8:10 okay, I have English first block. I can be a couple of minutes late, I think. I walk up to my locker and sit in front of it, taking out the donuts in my sleave and opening the monster. After having my nutritious breakfast, I open my locker, get my books, and walk to class. Making it to the classroom door, I think about my destined doom.

Opening the door, everyone turns towards the doorway, and I so badly want to roll my eyes, but I know when to and when not to make things worst.

Not even sparing a glance at the teacher who was giving me the weakest glare, I walk to the back of the class and sit by the window. That is how the rest o the day went walking in, walking out, skipping lunch, and staying on autopilot for the rest of the day.

 That is how the rest o the day went walking in, walking out, skipping lunch, and staying on autopilot for the rest of the day