ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠

"That is all we know about Rose

"That is all we know about Rose. You can visit your sister in room 302. Everyone except for her legal guardian, we need you to sign some forms," the doctor said. All of us, except for my Dad, stood up and left the room. Walking down the hallway, a heavy silence clouded the air and filled our lungs. Catching whatever words we wanted to say in our throat.

"Holy shit," Romeo said, and we all nodded, agreeing. Although we don't know what we agreed on, it seemed to be like the right phrase at this moment. We continued walking to Rose's room on the other side of the hall.

We expected to see Rose lying in a hospital bed with wires connected to her and an IV or something. However, that was not what we found. I opened the door to the horrifying image of an empty room. Either one, she was kidnapped, or two, she got up and left. Both of these options are possible. 

I shut the door before my brothers could see and freak out. I turn around to see all of them standing behind me with impatient looks on their face. Deciding I should be my socially awkward self, I smile. Nothing special besides me smiling, hoping that my pearly whites distract them from the fact that they want to see our sister.

"What the fuck are you doing? Move," Cedric said, rolling his eyes and shoving me out the way. His hand grips the door handle and opens the door.  I can tell by how his eyes turned a shade of darker green compared to the usual light green that shit was about to go down. 

"Where is Rose?" Cedric asked calmly. I shrugged my shoulders because I really didn't have an answer none of us did.

"What do you mean, where is Rose? Is she not in there?" Carlo asked, shoving me out of the way and prancing his way into the room. He starts checking under the bed and lifting chairs. He walks into the bathroom that still has the light on before walking out with a plastic bag.

"Wherever she went, she went with her belongings," Carlo said, shrugging. He didn't seem as freaked out as Cedric and the others.

"Didn't she have a guard stationed outside her room?" Gavino asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket and calling someone. Instead of putting the phone up to his ear, he put it on speakerphone.

"Where the hell is Rose?" Gavino asked the person on the other line.

"She walked out of her room, and I followed her. I was on strict instructions not to touch her, and I didn't. We are outside the hospital, sitting on the bench out front," Who I'm assuming is the guard explained themselves. 

"Who the fucks blacks out and walks out of the hospital like it's nothing?" I thought out loud. From the little amount of time I have spent with Rose, I noticed she takes terrible care of herself. The constant need for caffeine, skipping meals, terrible sleep schedule. It is atrocious. 

"Well, tell her Gavino said to get her ass back into this bed before I tell Dad," Gavino said before hanging up. He brought his hands up to his temples, rubbing out his stress.  

"Dumbass," I heard my other half mutter under his breath. 

"Dumbass indeed," Cedric responded to Giani. Carlo was laid out on the reclining chair they had in the room with his hands behind his head and whistling a tune. At this point, I don't know who they called dumbass. Carlo and him being unbothered, or their sister who almost suffocated less than three hours ago.

"Where the hell is your sister?!" Dad walked in with wide eyes. He looked like a parent who forgot their kid at the grocery store. 

"Obviously not caring about her health," I muttered underneath my breath. Why does she have such little care about her health? It's going to be the death of her if I don't help prevent it. 

"Sarà la mia fottuta morte," Dad said, his Italian accent coming through. He only talks Italian like that when he is stressed out. All while all of us were freaking out, Carlo was still humming a tune. 

An answer to our prayers walked through the door. She reeked of the nicotine and smoke. However, she looked functioning, to say the least. Her face lacked any emotion besides annoyance. Walking over to the hospital bed, she laid back on the bed and fell into the same relaxed position as Carlo.

Right when we thought the silence left, it returned once again. What the fuck are we supposed to say? Hey Rose, we found out you had a traumatizing childhood and want to pump you up with drugs! 

"You are being discharged after a doctor gives you another workup. Boys, please leave the room. I want to talk to your sister alone," Dad says, waving all of us out of the room. We all walk out of the room hesitantly. 

"Wouldn't want to have that conversation," Carlo said when we settled in the hospital. He earned a harsh smack to the back of the head from Cedric, who looked tired of everyone's shit.

Me too, me too.