ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

Existing on autopilot, you could see everything around you happen, but somehow you can't interact with reality

Existing on autopilot, you could see everything around you happen, but somehow you can't interact with reality. In less than 48 hours, my foster parent committed suicide, I got arrested, found my biological family, and moved to New York. 

All while staying sober, I deserve a medal.

Right now? No longer on autopilot, flying the plane and going down at a very high speed. I don't freak out often, but when I do, I smoke.

However, not now when I have my newfound family with me. Finding a moment away from everyone to smoke will be very difficult. I don't want them to think they welcomed a drug addict with severe trust issues.

Pulling into a long driveway, you can see a three-story house. Everything about these people screams high-class. Looking closer at home, it has enormous, beautiful windows, a double wooden door, and land that goes for miles. Never have I ever seen anything so beautiful. Besides myself, obviously.

Even though it was beautiful, I didn't change my expression. Both of the new men got out of the car before me while the driver got out my luggage. Getting out of the car, I followed the two men through the double wooden doors. Looking around and taking in my surroundings, everything was spotless and beautiful. That wasn't shocking, considering we came to New York on a private jet.

"Follow me upstairs to your room, and I will get you for dinner in 30 minutes," said Gavino, already walking up the stairs. I followed him up the stairs. Everything on the inside is breathtaking compared to anything I have ever seen. Soon we make it to a room on the second floor at the end of the hallway. Walking in, it looked like a very high-class hotel room.

"This used to be a spare room. That is why it looks so plain. You can add whatever you want in here. There's a bathroom through that door and your closet through there." Gavino said while pointing to two other doors in the room.

My bag was on the bed that had a white bedspread on it. I realized he was waiting for me to reply, so I decided to use my fantastic social skills.

Note the fucking sarcasm.

"Okay, thank you," I said, giving him a small nod. He seemed pleased with my answer because he left the room after giving me one last glance.

Walking towards my bag, I pulled out my charger and found an outlet to charge my phone. I have no idea why I even have a phone. No-one contacts me, but I have social media. I hadn't realized how long I spent on my phone until there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said. Gavino walked in, looking for me, only to find me on the floor, charging my phone.

"Come on, dinner is ready, and you have to meet everyone," he said, almost sounding hopeful. I got up and followed him out of the room and down the steps.

Walking past the kitchen and living room, we made it to the dining room. When we enter, five heads turn towards us. Now I was in shock again because they weren't kidding when they said, five brothers.