w i f e

Chloé POV
___________

I'm laying on my bed with a letter from my mother in my hands, reading it over and over for the millionth time.

I'm coming on Monday, I can't sooner. Be brave.
Mom.

I'm trying to think of a possible reason why couldn't she come today or tomorrow. She can't be serious. I'm shaking from the nerves and fear of what's to come and I though my mother would at least be here with me, but she can't sooner.

And she didn't even mention dad, she said I'm coming, which means dad won't even be there. I wonder why, probably another business trip. That's just nice. While I'll be doing that horrible task, he'll be relaxing somewhere on the Bahamas.

It's Saturday midnight and I can't sleep, again. It's not the nightmares anymore, it's the fear of future. Every time I close my eyes, I see pain and green light mixed with white, I hear painful screams and crying. I'd gladly take my nightmares back.

I just hope the day won't come til Sunday. I really need my mother to be there.

I've spent this Saturday mostly outside and wandering around the castle by myself. I had so much energy today, but so nothing to do. I hoped to meet Cedric somewhere, I even made my way around Hufflepuff common room, but no luck. Who knows where Ced was the whole day, probably somewhere with his girlfriend. Or he could've been in Hogsmeade, that would make sense.

I just realized I've never been to Hogsmeade with Draco, just the two of us. I've also never seen him play Quidditch, he's never took me on a ride on his broomstick, that would be fun. We've never been to the lake by Hogwarts, we've never...

We haven't done a lot of things, I'm not even sure why. We spent several months mostly by  fighting, fucking and flirting, but that's just it. We could've done so many more things if we weren't so stupid. Now I regret it.

I think I'm becoming paranoid with every minute in this room. The loneliness is killing me, I found myself staring at the front door and waiting for someone to come and take me to the Death eaters. And that's not the first time. Yesterday, in Potions class, I've heard some weird noises and I automatically thought the time has come and they were going to take me.

I'm sick of this.

I know we're risking too much these days when I have to take care of Draco and I know I'm about to risk right now. But I have to see him, I can only fall asleep when I'm with him.

I stood out of the bed and wrapped myself in my fluffy white blanked. Suddenly, I stopped with my hand on the door handle.

What if they're coming for me right now? Maybe they're already on the corridor...would they come for me first or for Draco? But Draco shouldn't walk...and if they came now, I'd be wearing my pajama with blanked over my shoulders, that's just so stupid. From now on, I'll be going to bed with my normal clothes on.

Just shut the fuck up, Chloé.

I slowly opened the door and peaked through to see the empty corridor. I felt relieve in my body and quickly knocked on Draco's door. I tried to open it, but he's locked. The fact that he's never locked is giving me chills. He's scared just like me.

"It's me." I said when he came to the door and asked who it is.

After he unlocked, I quickly slid into his room and wrapped my arms around his body. He understood what's going on and did the same. We stood in front of the door in a hug for about five minutes, saying nothing, the only sound we could hear was our breaths.

"I'm so scared..." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Me too." He replied, released from the hug and grabbed my face with his hands.

"Whatever happens, I'll be there with you to the very end, I promise you." He whispered and kissed my lips softly.

After a while, we moved from the floor to his warm bed. If they came now, it'd be a hard explaining why are we together in one bed. But I don't care anymore, as long as he's with me.

"Draco?"

"Hmm?" He mumbled, I'm pretty sure he was already asleep.

"When did you fall in love with me?" I asked quietly.

I've never asked him this sort of questing, nor did I think about the answer.

"The day I first saw you when you walked into the great hall, I just knew you'd either be my wife or you'd break my heart." He said and placed a kiss on my head.

"You want me to be your wife?" I asked full of surprise. Draco thought about our future? So soon? I mean, I'm not saying I didn't...

"Of course I do...but I'll ask you that with a ring one day. When all of this is over."

When all of this is over, I'll be Draco's wife.

Well I have to do it, there's no doubt anymore.