n e w s

Chloé POV
___________

It's Friday evening and Dumbledore called all students into the great hall to tell us some news. I have no idea what that could be, but I'm curious to find out.

Everyone's at their house table, I'm sitting next to Blaise, who's constantly talking to me. Whenever he asks a question I just nod and smile and hope he finally leaves me alone. I'm not in my mood right now.

Especially not when Draco is in front of me with Pansy. I'm trying so hard to not look at him, but I just can't fight it. Every time I feel his eyes on me, I look at him for a second.
He's wearing his typical outfit - black jeans, black sweater and a white shirt with collar underneath. He's looking good, as always. I don't remember when he wasn't looking good.

The teachers are sitting in their usual seats and waiting for Dumbledore, who's talking to professor McGonagall.

"I wonder what's going on. Do you know?"
Asked me Blaise.

"Hmm..." I mumbled and looked over at the Gryffindor table to find Fred. When I did, I waved my hand at him to notice me. Finally after a few seconds, he turned to me and I mouthed 'what is going on?'. But he just shrugged his shoulders and turned away to talk to Angelina.

What. An. Idiot.

"By the way, it's Friday, do you know what that means?"

"Hmm..."

Fred is constantly smiling and winking at Angelina, it's making me so mad, I don't even know why.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"No."

And now he grabbed her around her shoulders! I'm so getting jealous!

"Thanks. Good to know." Mumbled Blaise and scoffed.

"W-what? I'm sorry, I'm just not in a moo-"

I didn't finish, because Dumbledore suddenly stood up and shouted "SILENCE!". My ears almost exploded. What the fuck man?

"My dear students. I'll start with bad news...the Ministry wants me to tell you all, that if you happen to know about someone, who is a...Death eater or who knows any, you should reconsider telling me, or your house professor..."

The students instantly started talking and whispering to each other.

"What is a Death eater?" I whispered to Blaise.

"Followers of the Dark Lord." He replied.

"Of who?"

"Voldemort, do you now know him?"

"I mean, a little. In France, everyone thinks he's a myth, you know..."

"It's anonymous, of course...Now you all must be wondering why. The Ministry, however, does not want me to tell you the reason behind this. I find it very important that you all know what's happening, because it's not in news...many old Death eaters have confessed that their Death marks are getting back. That can mean only one thing, and I'm sure all of you know what."

"What?" I asked Blaise.

"You must be kidding me-" I think he meant Dumbledore.

"Now, please don't panic. You had the right to know the truth. I assure you, that this castle is very well secured, you don't have to worry."

I glanced at Draco. He's just sitting there, looking down to the ground and not showing any emotions. What is going on with him?

"And to the better news...I'm pleased to announce, that me and your teachers decided, that we all need a little distraction in these cold and stressful days. There will be a Winter ball next Saturday!"

Suddenly, the students seemed to forget about the Dark lord and started whistling and talking in excitement.

A Winter ball, hmm... I like this idea. I can finally wear something fancier than my annoying school robe.

Dumbledore kept talking about the hall, but I couldn't hear him through all the students chatting.

I exchanged surprised faces with Draco, but still, he hasn't shown a single smile this evening. I wonder if he's distant because of what happened between us after the potions class. I forgave him, so why would he still be sad about that?

After Dumbledore's speech, everyone started eating the dinner. As I was stuffing me with food, I kept thinking about the ball and what I'll wear. I have a lots of dress robes at home, but I'm thinking of buying a new one, more mature. I think emerald green would look good on me with my blonde hair, however sexy red is never a bad idea.

I wanted to ask Draco about his opinion, but as soon as I looked over at him and Pansy, the excitement in me disappeared.

He's not coming with me.

He can't.

How could he? What was I thinking?

"Who do you wanna go?" Asked me Blaise a millionth question today.

"Me? Oh...I don't know yet. You?"

"Not sure, but I'll pick somebody."

"Of course. You'll just pick..."

My plate with food is still almost full, but I've lost my appetite. If I can't go with Draco, who can I go with?

Fred? I fucking hope so, unless he invites his fucking Angelina. That'd be great. I'd have literally no one to go with.

I couldn't sit there anymore, not when Draco was constantly giving me pity looks.