a m o r t e n t i a

Chloé POV
______________

When I got back from Hogsmeade, I wasn't tired at all. My mind was full of Draco and Cedric, I probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep.

So I stayed up most of the night reading and studying the Amortentia potion. I know it doesn't have to be exactly perfect, but I really just want to impress Snape. I didn't have the chance to prove myself to him, so I'm taking this really seriously.

An hour before the Potions class, I quickly ran to one of the greenhouses that professor Sprout teaches Herbology in. I needed a fresh peppermint, as Cedric advised.

It wasn't snowing, but I could feel it in the air that it is about to. I walked past the big fountain and headed to the greenhouse. I haven't met a single soul outside, it's only 8AM.

I don't know if I need a permission to take some leaves from the greenhouses, but I didn't have time to bother with that. Thank god it was empty, I simply cut some peppermint leaves and put them into my pocket. When I was ready to leave, I heard footsteps behind me.

My body quickly turned to see who it was.

"Miss Delacour, have I just caught you stealing?"

It's only Cedric. I relieved.

"No, mr. Diggory, I'm just...borrowing." I giggled and winked at him.

He came through the front glass door and moved closer to me. He's wearing his black and yellow Hufflepuff habit and looks very handsome in it.

"So you're gonna bring it back? I'm not sure if it works like that, miss Delacour."

"Don't call me that! And by the way, what are you doing there? I hope not stealing!"

"No, never!" He rised his arms in defense and then slowly walked backwards to a table with...very familiar looking plants. He glanced around if the air is clear and then, he quickly cut some leaves from the plant.

"Is that..?"

"Yeah! Cool, isn't it? Right in school!" He said in such an excitement.

"Are you kidding me? Why would professor Sprout grow a marijuana?" I opened my mouth in a surprise.

"For its...healing properties, I guess...whatever, just don't tell anyone, okay?"

I came closer to look at the marijuana plant in his hand.

"Hmm...I won't, if you share."

He raised his eyebrows and then smiled.

"Deal."

"Deal."

We shook hands. His grip is very gentle, like my hand is made of glass and he's afraid it would break it if he squeezed any tighter.