f r e d

Chloé POV
___________

I thought that when I wake up, Draco would be sleeping calmly next to me. I thought we would have a nice morning, since it's Saturday and we don't have to hurry for classes. I just wanted to have him all for myself for once, is it too much to ask?

Sadly, he wasn't there. And there was no sign that he even slept there for a while. So after we finished yesterday he had to just drop me off by my room. How nice of him.

I looked in the mirror to put on some makeup, I suddenly froze. There are purple and blue bruises all over my neck. They're painful and swollen when I touch them. I don't remember him choking me so tightly last night, but he must've been so out of control to do that. I don't know what to think.

I had to put on a black chunky turtleneck to cover them up, so nobody will question anything. When I got myself ready, I left for breakfast.

I'm starting to adapt to this place. I love mornings, especially weekend mornings, when the whole castle is so quiet and sleepy, the halls are empty. Winter at Hogwarts truly is magical. Over night, a thick layer of snow has fallen down and covered the whole area in white. I just love it.

When I came to the great hall, I looked for Draco to sit next to him at breakfast. Unfortunately, he wasn't there, the only Slytherins sitting there were Blaise and some other boy. They were lively talking about something, so I didn't wanna bother them.

I looked around for anyone I knew to sit by. There was Fred, but he was talking to some girl, I didn't want to bother them either. So I sat by my table, further from Blaise, hoping he won't notice me.

My mind is full of Draco. I wonder where he is, if he already ate his breakfast. He's probably still sleeping, I mean...it was a rough night.

"Psst..."

"Psssst..."

"What do you want, Blaise?" I groaned at him, but didn't look.

"Have you heard?" He whispered, but it was more like screaming in whisper.

"Heard what?" I kept stuffing my mouth with croissant.

"Someone was at the Prefects bathroom, doing you - know - what. Pansy heard them, she says they were very loud." He said and the other boy giggled.

I suddenly started to choke on the stupid croissant. My eyes filled with water, because I couldn't breathe for a second.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered, trying to keep it cool.

"Yeah, everyone knows about it. I bet it's that ginger boy Ron with Hermione. They're both prefects."

I nodded my head. "Or it could be you and now you're just covering it up." I faked a smile.

"It could, it could...but-"

"But girls don't scream with him that way." Finished the boy, I think his name is Adrian or something. He's in a quidditch team.

I suddenly regretted screaming and moaning so much, but I had no choice. Draco is a beast. A sex beast.

I finished my breakfast and wandered around the castle for a bit. I've never seen it so empty, but it's probably because everyone is packing for Christmas holiday, which is next week. I haven't decided where to spend it yet, though.
Christmas in France is not a bad idea, but it will be the first Christmas without Fleur. I couldn't do it, I just couldn't.

"Hey!" Shouted Fred at me at the hall.

"Hi!" I smiled at waited for him to come closer to me.

"Hi...why didn't you join me at breakfast?" He was breathing hard like he just ran a few miles.

"I didn't wanna bother you and your...friend."

Not me being jealous!

No!

"What? It's just Angelina. We play quidditch together."

"Oh..." stupid me.

"And besides...don't you want to tell me something?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Like what?" I smiled, but he didn't. He's not in good mood today.

"Like I-fucked-with-Draco type of thing?"

My smile quickly faded.

"How do you kn-"

"I have a fucking map!" I've never seen him this angry.

"Freddie, please, understand-"

"And what is that?"

He grabbed my neck, pulled out the high collar lower and revealed the bruises. I didn't know what to say.

"It's nothing! Why are you acting like this?!"

"Nothing? He's fucking abusing you and it's nothing? I'm not gonna leave him doing that to you!" At this point, his voice went louder and louder.

"He's not abusing me! I wanted it!"

"You promised me to stay away from him. Is it that hard?"

"Yes, it is! I fucking love him, don't you understand?"

I covered my mouth right after I realized what I've just said. Fred was staring at me with such a disgust in his face, I had to turn my eyes away.

"Fred-" I wanted to apologize, but he was already walking away from me. I lost him. I lost my best friend because of Draco.

I slowly walked away to my room, thinking about what just happened. As I was opening my door, Draco came out of his room, dressed in outside clothes. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes.

"H-hi." I said and faked a smile at him.

"Hi."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Out. For a walk."

What the fuck is going on? Why is he being like that?

"Okay, what is wrong with y-"

"I have to go." He didn't even look at me and quickly left. I was left there alone in complete surprise of his behavior.

"Yeah! So one night thing it is? Fuck you, Malfoy! Go fuck yourself!" I screamed after him, hopefully our rooms were far from common room, so no one could have heard it.

At this point, the anger I felt towards him was indescribable. I was so stupid to think I'm someone special, when clearly I'm just a fuck toy.

Today I lost Draco and Fred. Who do I have?

Only myself, I guess. In the end, you only have yourself.