c r y s t a l s

Chloé POV
_____________

Fred walked me through halls and long corridors to the dining hall. I'll never get bored of this room, it's too beautiful. It's Sunday morning, so a few people are having their breakfast there, some of them are studying.

Fred took my hand and made me sit by the Gryffindor table, where George, Ron, Hermione and Harry Potter are already sitting. They all looked at me and raised their eyebrows. Suddenly, I felt uncomfortable. I remembered Slytherins and Gryffindors are supposed to hate each other.

"Hi..." I tried to smile at them. Everyone said hi back, but no one smiled.

"Chloé, do you remember how you said you would help me with Luna?" Asked me George after a while.

"Of course." I nodded my head and put my arms on the table.

"Well, I think I need your help. I want her to drink love potion we made, but you see, she's psychic and can see others intentions. But only those who she already knows. Harry, Ron and Hermione tried but it didn't work."

"If you could just become friends with her and offer her some of your liquor mixed with the potion in your flask..." Fred laughed. The face Hermione gave me, oh my god.

"I can become friends with her, that's for sure. But I won't pass her the love potion. It's just not right." I said and folded my arms.

"Oh, since when does a slytherin care whether things are right or not?" Scoffed Hermione. Why is she being so rude to me? I literally didn't say anything bad.

"I do, Hermione. And also, George, don't you want Luna to truly fall in love with you?"

"I guess. It's just so hard..."

Everyone was quiet, thinking about other solutions. I looked over at the slytherin table to see if Draco's there. He isn't.

"How is your sister?" Asked Harry and gave me a smile.

I thought they know...

"Oh, um...she died. A year ago." I said and looked down, trying to keep it together.

Everyone looked at me with sad faces. Harry instantly regretted his question.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know-"

"No it's okay. Oh, Harry, I never really got to thank you for saving me at the tournament. So thank you."

He nodded and smiled at me.

"So how's slytherin treating you?" Asked Ron.

"More like 'how's Malfoy treating you?'" Joked Fred, but no one is laughing. I looked at him with 'are you fucking serious?' face.

"You're dating Draco Malfoy?" Asked Hermione unbelievably.

"I'm not dating anyone! Fred's just fucking around..." my cheeks probably went red.

"Chloé, you should be careful with Malfoy. His parents are..."

"Death eaters." Finished Harry.

"I know what I'm doing, okay? Now if you'll excuse me..." I stood up and left the hall.

Death eaters. I've never heard it someone say it out loud. To be honest, I could imagine Dracos parent being them. He's rich, nice looking and spoiled. And most of all, he's mean as fuck.

I sat on a bench in a long hall with big windows. I didn't want to go to my room just yet, I needed to think about how I'm gonna become friends with Luna.

The hall is quiet, I can only hear someone's footsteps coming towards me, but I didn't bother to look. It's probably some student.

Should I just come up to Luna or... Or I can accidentally bump into her and like that...I don't know. I don't know why I agreed to do this, I can't just make friends out of nowhere. It's not in my nature.

"Hi." said a familiar voice and I immediately looked up to see Draco.

"Hi." I said back, but he didn't wait for my answer. He continued walking away, calmly.

He's wearing black trousers and a black sweatshirt and a few silver rings on his fingers. His hair is not messy anymore from me, it's nice and sleek.

Why didn't he stop by me?

It's probably a bad idea, but I decided to follow him. I stood up and walked after him, keeping my safe distance. He went through many corridors and stairs, I almost couldn't keep up with him - his legs are longer.

Suddenly, he stopped, looked around like if someone's watching him. And just like that, he disappeared. No, I'm pretty sure he went through some door, but the door disappeared with him.

"Weird." I scoffed and turned away to leave, but then I heard a loud bam.

An amethyst crystal landed by my feet. I kneeled down to pick it up, but someone came. It's Luna!

I picked up her crystal and handed it over to her.

"That's a beautiful amethyst you have." I smiled at her.

"Thank you so much." she smiled back, her eyes staring deep into mine. She's trying to read me. I instantly work my way to block her. We learned that in Beauxbatons.

"What do you have there?" I asked pointing at a bowl full of other crystals and stones.

"Oh, my collection. But it's not everything...I have some more on my windowsill and under my pillow." Her voice is very calming.

"Oh, I have some, too." I smiled again.

"Really? Would you mind... I can't identify this one..." she picked up a red crystal and handed it to me.

"Oh, it's a tricky one. This looks like Tigers eye, but if you look closely, you can see little brown lines, so that is-"

"Red jasper. Of course! Thank you so much!" She hugged me, all happy. Her jasmine flower smell instantly hit my nose, it's a very pleasant perfume.

"No problem. You can show me your collection sometimes." I winked at her and left to my common room.

I didn't expect it to be so easy. Sometimes I should really stop planing everything and just let things unfold on their own.