f o r e s t

Chloé POV
_____________

It's getting late, the sun is down already and I'm in my room getting ready for a walk around the castle. I realized that I've never really been on a walk before, so I decided to change it. I also I need some air. It's been kinda stuffy here lately.

I put on the warmest clothes I have, because the temperature today is below zero. My mom still hasn't sent me a packet with my clothes, so I had to work with what I had. After a while, I put on my big beige coat and black boots. I added a huge scarf wrapped around my neck.

I wanted to invite Fred to show me around a little, but I didn't know where he is, so I decided to go by myself.

I left the castle and stepped to dark outside, where the only source of light was the big moon. It's full moon today, I totally forgot.

I expected to be alone, but there were a few students, couples mostly, taking a nice evening walk. I feel a lot safer because of them, I must say.

I walked past some weird looking round shaped house and went by the forest. I didn't know where I was going, so i went by a pathway. The forest looks pretty scary, I wouldn't ever go there alone.

As I walked past the forest, I was staring at the full moon, not knowing where I'm going until I bumped into something. My head hit something very soft, so I immediately looked up.

I didn't bump into something. I bumped into someone. And the someone was Draco fucking Malfoy.

"Watch where you going, woman." He scoffed and looked me in the eyes. I wasn't very pleased to see him, I wanted some time alone.

"Well, if you didn't wear all black, I would actually see you." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Black suits me."

And it does. Oh my god, it does. No other color can bring up his pale face and blonde hair more than black.

He's proving it by wearing a black coat, black trousers and black boots.

"It does." I winded at him and continued walking. He waited a little, probably thinking if he should join me, and then he joined me.

"Did you just tell me a compliment?"

"Take it as you wish, Malfoy."

"Oh I will, Delacour." His voice is very happy, this is the first time I hear him happy.

As we were walking, something cracked in the woods. I stopped to look closer, when all of sudden, something hit me in my face. I thought I'm going to fall, but thank god Draco caught me. It wasn't hard, just some very small stone, but it still hurt.

"Are you okay?" Assured Draco and looked at me with worried face.

"Yes, thank you. Just some stupid rock."

"No, you're not - you're bleeding. It's the forbidden forest, many weird creatures live there. It was probably one of them who hit you. Come here..." he walked me to the nearest bench he could find and sat me. Then he took a napkin from his coat pocket and wiped the blood in my chin.

He was doing it very softly, I almost didn't feel anything. But the goosebumps said otherwise.
I couldn't control myself, I was staring into his eyes the whole time he was focusing on my chin.

"Can't get enough of me?"

I instantly looked down and smiled.

"That's it. God, woman, you should wear a helmet."

"So you can't slap me no more?"

I should've been quiet, I should've been quiet, fuck. I'm so stupid, why did I have to say that? He was in such a good mood. I fucked it all up.

He looked down and sighed.

"I'm really sorry about that, Chloé. It's never gonna happen again, I promise you." He looked at me and I could see he really regrets it.

"I've never slept with any Weasley. But believe in what you want, I don't care."

We were sitting in silence for a while. I put my head on his shoulder and after a while, he started to gently stroke my hair. I felt so calm with him.

"Draco?"

"Hm?"

"What is this?" I asked.

"You know, sometimes it's better not to ask." He said calmly, continuing to stroke my hair.

And there he was, making me so confused again.

"But I am asking you." I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked at him seriously.

"Why do you always have to ask so many questions? I don't know this is, I'm just as confused as you are. I've never felt this way about anyone." His voice raised, but only a little.

"You don't have to be so mean to me all the time, Draco." I sighed.

"I'm just being me, Chloé. How do you expect me to be?"

"I don't know...I don't really know you yet."

"Maybe it's for the best. Trust me."

"But we can't keep doing that. We can't just kiss and then act like nothing happened...it's toxic. I don't want that." I said with an anxious voice.

"Why? I thought you like it..."

"I don't! Why would I like that? You slapped me for something that wasn't true even a bit, acting all jealous an-"

"Why would I be jealous?!"

Suddenly he sat up from the bench and loudly sighed.

"Because...because you like m-"

"What?! I don't like anyone!"

"You're so fucking confusing!" My chin trembled.

"Then why are you talking to me? Why are you trying so hard to get me to like you?!"

My eyes started to water, I couldn't understand the sudden change in his behavior.

"I thought you felt something between us, too. I'm sorry for thinking that. Goodnight." I said emotionless and left. I was crying the whole way back.