d a y a f t e r

Chloé POV
____________

"Chloé?"

I heard someone calling my name, but I don't recognize the voice.

"Wake up."

It might be Draco, but it could also be Cedric. I'm trying to open my eyes, but something is stopping me from doing so. My eyelids are heavy as stone and my whole body feels like a load.

"You little sleepy head, wake up."

Suddenly, someone's arms gently shook my shoulders and my eyes immediately opened from a shock.

I'm lying on my bed in my room, it looks like it's morning, or is it afternoon already? Have I overslept the whole day?

But then I saw Draco smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my sleepy voice and stretched my arms a bit.

"I slept here." He replied and laid next to me, so close that I could feel his stunning smell.

"What day is it?"

"Sunday. After the ball."

"The ball?!" I immediately sat up.

"Yeah, about that..."

"YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, MALFOY? KISSING PANSY IN RIGHT FRONT OF MY EYES?!" I screamed and hit his chest with my small clenched fists after every word I said.

"I'll explain everything to you if you calm the fuck down."

I realized that I'm still in my dress from yesterday, probably smelling like alcohol and sweat. I move further from him so he doesn't notice, but I think it's already late for that. He slept here the whole night.

But how come he smells still so good? And his clothes...he changed into sweatpants and tshirt.

"You showered?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"May I explain myself now, please?"

"You may."

"So...a few hours before the ball, Snape called me to his room and-...he knows about us, Chloé. He seems to know everything I do and who I talk to. And he's worried...you're one of his favorites and doesn't want you to get hurt because of the Dark Lord..."

"Why would I get hurt?"

"Chloé...if he knows my weaknesses he'll use them against me and you, you are my biggest weakness I have. I can't let him hurt you, that's not gonna happen, okay?"

"Okay, but-"

"So Snape suggested to make my fake relationship with Pansy look more real, to persuade everyone we're together for real."

"So he told you to kiss her?"

"Well, not technically, but-"

"Not technically?! Do you have any idea how embarrassed I felt?!"

"When will you get that it's not all about yourself?!" He raised his voice.