l i b r a r y

Chloé POV
_____________

I thought the headache from last night would be gone in the next morning, but it wasn't. I woke up with my head still spinning like crazy, and what's worse, my stomach was upside down. Damn it, I shouldn't have drank so much.

I always drink too much when I'm stressed. And being with Draco is just adding to it, it's so hard to keep my feelings for him to myself. He's all I want in man. And now, I can't even touch him in the public? How did we get there?

I knew it would be awkward at the breakfast. It only proved my point when I arrived at the Slytherin table, everyone who was in Blaise's room last night is staring right at me. Their faces are full of expectations. Everything that came out of my mouth last night was from pure anger on Draco and Pansy. But I don't regret a single word.

I deserve him, not her!

"Moorning!" Shouted Blaise and smiled at me, while everyone were staring at me.

"Hi..." I mumbled and sat with my food.

My stomach is making weird noises, I'd better eat and kill the excess alcohol in me.

"How did you sleep?" Asked Adrian Pucey. I don't remember talking to him before, but we might have said some words yesterday. I just simply don't recall it.

"Brilliantly."

The only person who didn't bother to look at me was Draco. He is reading a newspaper while sipping his black coffee. Pansy is sitting next to him, of course. But they're not talking - I guess  they had a fight because of me.

Suddenly I remembered it's not all Draco's fault. What if Pansy gets angry and tells the ministry about his parents?

You're so stupid, Chloé! Draco can get in trouble just because you can't keep your mouth shut.

"But...there are some things I've said that are completely mixed up..." I said and took a bite from my chocolate croissant.

"Oh yeah?" Asked Pansy.

"Yeah um...to clear it up - Draco and I are so over, you don't have to worry, Pansy. He's all yours." I said and winked at her. She seemed to believe it, because the corners of her mouth lifted up a bit.

But Draco...oh, Draco. He finally looked at me with such a pouty face that it hurt me,  but he quickly turned away.

"Anyways...what are we doing today?"  I asked. Everyone was shocked with my question.

"What? I'm bored..." I quickly added.

"Shouldn't you be studying for Potions?" Asked Blaise.

"W-why?"

"Because you're supposed to be doing the Amortentia potion, you dummy."

"Fuck!" I cussed, quickly stuffed my mouth with croissant and finished my cappuccino.

Without any words, I ran out of the great hall straight to the library. I completed forgot about Potions! Snape's gonna give me a detention if I mess it up... I'm not a detention type.

I've always had good grades without studying much, I was proud of myself. But when I met Draco... I just can't concentrate on anything also but him. He came to my life so quickly and changed me so much...

I finally swallowed the last bits of my breakfast. The library was quiet and almost empty as always, only a few people were sitting by the tables and doing their homework. I've never really understood how can someone study with other people around.

I finally found the book I was looking for - How to successfully make an Amortentia potion, and listed through it. Thank god it's not long, I could make it till evening.

Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them.

I've never really thought about what smell attracts me. I mean... I like jasmine flower and old books, but am I attracted to it? I don't know...

I slowly moved out of the Potion aisle with my head still in the book. I didn't seem to notice people around me.

All of sudden, someone bumped into me. I nearly fell, but he quickly placed his hand on my waist and pulled me back up before I fell onto the ground.

"Chloé!"  I looked up and saw Cedric. He rushed into an apology while his hand was still wrapped around my waist and held me there, safe from falling. Our eyes met for a moment and then I  forced myself to look away.

"We seriously have to stop bumping into each other." I said and blushed a bit.

"Well, I don't mind...here." He kneeled down to pick up my potions book that fell.

"Thanks..."

"Amortentia, huh? Just be careful with it. If you smell someone who's in the same room with you, it can be awkward..."

Smell someone? You can smell someone? Oh no!

"Did it ever happen to you?"

"Yes...it was embarrassing, because her boyfriend was there, too."

"Oh...well. Thank you." I smiled.

We both went a few steps back, ready to leave.

"Just make sure you use fresh peppermint and everything should be fine." He said and winked at me.

"Thanks."

I went away with a smile on my face. I've never met such a cute kind boy, but he's a Hufflepuff, that would explain it.