m i s t a k e

Chloé POV
_____________

I've spent the whole Saturday in my room laying on my bed with Pride and Prejudice book in my hands. It's my comfort book, I read it every time I feel down.

I haven't eaten anything, my stomach is making hungry sounds, but I don't feel like eating at all. That's all Draco's fault.

I would give anything to be a normal couple, who can go to ball together, have fun and mostly, not having to hide. Is it too much to ask? Why can't I have one normal romance?

As I was reading, it's gotten dark and late outside. Suddenly, the front door opened and someone stormed right in, without knocking. It's Fred.

"Knocking is the least you can do..." I mumbled and he sat next to me on my bed.

"Yeah, I didn't feel like knocking. What are you doing?! It's Saturday!" He said and looked around my room and then his eyes laid on the book in my hand.

"Hermione says only girls that are hopeless romantics read that book." He giggled and laid his body next to me.

"Well, tell Hermione to first read the book and then judge...and to leave my Mr. Darcy alone." I said and looked at him.

He looks so funny, with his tall body and legs so long that they're sticking out of the bed.

"Do you have your Mr. Darcy for the ball yet?" He asked after a while.

"Unfortunately, no..." I mumbled and started playing with my fingers.

"How come? A girl like you doesn't have a partner for ball? I'm sure if you asked anyone-"

"But I don't want just anyone...actually, I was hoping you'd ask me..."

If I can't go with Draco, I thought I'd at least go with my best friend.

"Oh, umm...Chloé-"

"You don't wanna go with me?" I asked and sit up.

"It's not like that...I already asked someone..."

"WHO?"

"Angelina...I thought you'd-"

"Oh how fucking nice! Angelina!"

I stood up out of the bed and started walking around the room, grabbing some stuff here and there, and then putting it back.

I have no one to go with.

"You're being ridiculous-"

"I'm ridiculous?! Okay, go with fucking Angelina. I don't care anymore, because I'm not going."

"Don't be silly, Chloé."

He stood up, too and moved closer to me.

"Just go, Fred. I wanna be alone." I said after I calmed down a bit.

"I'm sorry...Bye."

And just like that, he left.

I'm trying to keep it cool, I really am. But as the single tear starts running down my cheek, I can't hold it anymore and cry. This is too much for me. When did I become such a crybaby?

Draco POV
_____________

The situation got out of control. Since Dumbledore announced the news about Death Eaters and the Dark Lord, I can't stop thinking about me and my parents.

I'm becoming paranoid. What if someone sees my mark and snitches? It's not like nobody knows about the Malfoy family all being Death eaters. We look like the fucking Addams family, it's like we have it carved on our foreheads.