k i l l i n g c u r s e

Draco POV
_____________

We spent a nice evening by the fireplace in cozy blankets, drinking wine and chatting about nothing in particular. I really like her mother, she seems to have a strong personality that I admire.

I've never seen Chloé talking so much, she really got into it. Sometimes, they spoke French to tease me a bit, which was funny, because I understood most of it, but they didn't know.

I helped Chloé to the bed because she felt a little tipsy from the wine. After all, she drank half the bottle.

Then I quickly went downstairs to get her some water, because she'll be needing it in the morning. As I entered the kitchen, I realized I'm not alone in there.

Chloé's mother, Camille, is leaned over the kitchen counter, staring into her half empty glass of wine. She quickly turned her head to see who interrupted her.

"I'm just getting some water for Chloé." I explained and came to the sink.

"You're such a good boy, Draco. I can't imagine a better partner for Chloé." Her voice is drunk, I can hear that. I didn't realize it until now, but she drank a lot.

But if she only knew the truth...

If she only knew that I'll most likely be the death of her daughter, she'd kill me on the spot.

"Thank you." I said and filled a cup with water.

Camille left her glass on the counter and sat on the nearest bar chair. Her walk is tipsy and slow, she looks very tired, judging by the bags under her eyes.

"You know...she's a very good girl, but...when sad, she's destructive. You can't hurt her, ever."

"I won't." I tried to not crack my voice.

What does she mean by destructive? What did Chloé do?

"I should've told her sooner, I'm such a bad mother...I should've told her sooner..." she started sobbing into her hands.

I put the cup down and came closer to her.

"What's going on? Told her what?" I asked with a worried voice.

"I'm such a bad mother..." she seems to be ignoring my presence.

I sighed and took the cup back into my hand, ready to leave the kitchen and go upstairs, when suddenly...

"Her father died."

"Wh-what?" I stuttered, my body froze.

"Two weeks ago. He was killed by the same people that killed my Fleur."

I wish she was lying. I wish she was just joking, it's nothing, right? She can't be serious.

No.

I refuse to believe that.

I just stood there, frozen, while she was crying into her hands.

"I don't know how to tell her, I just can't. She wouldn't make it...she wouldn't make it..." she kept sobbing, it was almost impossible to understand what was she saying.

"Don't tell her." I said suddenly.

I'm shocked by my own words, they just slipped out of my mouth on their own.

"What?"

"Don't...don't tell her." I repeated, my voice cracked because of a big hump in my throat.

It's getting hard for me to breath properly. I just can't imagine Chloé getting depressed again, and then having to break up with her right after such news.

She wouldn't make it.

"Ms Delacour, I'm gonna take care of your daughter, I won't make anything bad happen to her...just don't tell her, please."

Camille is staring straight into my eyes, trying to understand my words. After a while, she nodded and looked away.

"You're right. I shouldn't..." she said.

"Goodnight, ms Delacour."

"Oh, call me Camille." She tried to smile.

I went upstairs to Chloé's room and found her in a deep sleep, collapsed in the middle of her bed, taking up the whole space. The corners of my mouth went up into a smile, but then it quickly faded.

For someone with such a miserable life, she seems to sleep very peacefully. I think that's the beauty in it.

"I love you." I whispered and laid next to her.

Camille POV
____________

I know I shouldn't have told Draco about her father, I know it was a mistake. He's gonna have lie to her face...I put him into such a difficult position, poor boy.

But I felt like if I don't tell anyone, I'll explode any minute. It's hard to keep that kind of information only with me. It was eating me alive, I had to share it with someone. Unfortunately, it was Draco who came downstairs. I was drunk, not really thinking much. And it just slipped out of my mouth.

Draco seems so mature for his age, I wonder who his parents are. Even though I've only known him for two days, he has earned my trust.

I should be worried about Chloé because of what happened to her father and Fleur, it's obvious it's just waiting for her. But somehow, I'm less scared when Draco is with her. It was a smart move to bring him with her.

I've never loved her father, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't hurt me, his death. He was a great man and a nice friend, but his role of husband and father was very poorly done. He was almost always gone, the girls didn't get much of him.

The cause of death : Avada kedavra spell

I read on his death file that the ministry gave me this morning while I was away. I had to go pick it up, which is awful. They should've brought it to my home.

It wasn't my first time on the Ministry, but I hope it was my last time. Every time I go there, it's because someone died.

I couldn't stand their pity eyes staring at me, thinking how poor I am.

Place of death : unknown

The last time I saw him was two weeks ago when he was packing for a business trip. I was used to it, just another of his constant trips. Sometimes I even thought that there's another women in his life. Someone I don't know of. And maybe there was.

The point is, he didn't tell me where he was going, because I didn't ask him. I never asked him about this stuff. I never cared enough. If I only knew the place...

Body hasn't been found.

This is the worst thing. The same with Fleur. I can't even bury them properly! I couldn't bury my daughter and now I can't bury my husband!

What did I do to deserve this miserable life?

"How do you even know someone killed him? You haven't found his body!" I screamed at the French minister.

"Every time an unforgivable curse is done, we track it. Someone used a killing curse on your husband, ms Delacour." He explained calmly.

"But who? How come you don't know who? And where?"

"I think we all know who, ms Delacour."

Yes, he was right. I know who. Someone possessed with my family.

And the 'someone' is coming for Chloé.