preface

"Just stop! I can't do this anymore." I say as tears escape my eyes. I'm am looking at my 4-year boyfriend, Daniel, in front of me.

"Delilah, please. I swear I can change." pleaded Daniel.

I've heard these words hundreds of times, literally. Each time I chose to forgive him, and each time I get my heart broken. Daniel has a commitment problem...with me at least. He doesn't have a problem committing with Hanna. Or Julie. Or Samantha, Chloe, Brooke, Francesca, Bella, Chasity, Jaydan, Mya, and probably at least 10 other girls. The ones I've caught him with all said the same thing.

"He said he was single." "He told me he wasn't seeing anyone." "I didn't know he was engaged... you're engaged?"

We weren't, but I just decided to let them think that.

I've built up a high wall with Daniel. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to take it down, but I do know that this is the last straw. I know this is the last time I let him walk all over me.

"Get out." I say calmly.

"Delilah, baby. It is only you. We aren't breaking up over this. I plan to marry you one day, and you know this. My mom loves you to pieces, what would she think," Daniel says all of this walking closer to me.

Maybe I should give him another chance. After all- -4 years is a very long time.

NO, I think to myself. NO MORE.

"What will she think when I tell her that her son CHEATS ON ME WITH SKANKS HE MEETS AT THE GYM!" I yell.

"D," he says nervously. "We will figure this out. We always do."

"Get out!" I tell him. "You have to the count of 3."

He doesn't budge. I've had enough. He needs to leave now or I'll forgive him. I'm getting so mad, I lose it.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE BEFORE I CALL THE COPS!"

His face turns surprised, and tears swell in his eyes. Then his expression turns cold, and he mutters, "You will regret this."

He turns and walks out the door, then looks at me again.

"This is the last chance Delilah." he says with a hint of sadness in his voice, but mostly just malace.

"FUCK. OFF." I yell and slam the door in his face.

He bangs and pleads for me to let him in, screaming he's sorry, and that he loves me. I'm sitting with my back against the door, my heart broken once again. I can't imagine my life without Daniel, but I don't have much of a life with him.