-22-

Delilah PoV

I laugh so hard. Zac just told me he was a demon, I mean he must be joking. Those kinds of things are for books and movies, they can't be real.

I look back into Zac's eyes, and he looks ashamed.

"Prove it then," I say between laughs.

"Think of anything. A random word, a song, a person. I'll tell you word for word. "

I laugh and try to think about something.

Potato Chips.

"Potato chips," he states.

George Washington.

"George Washington"

There's no fucking way you are actually reading my mind.

"There's no fucking way you are reading my mind." He ends with a smile.

I'm horrified.

"Also," he adds, sitting up a little. He closes his eyes, and purple veins creep up his face toward his eyes, and he opens his eyes to reviel a maroon color.

I gasp and jump off the bed.

What the actual fuck! What did I get myself into?

Zac blinks again and the veins disappear and his gray eyes are back. He looks at my face, and then looks away.

"Please don't reject me," he looked down, clearly sad.

"W-what else can you do?" I ask him. I asked him to tell me, no matter how crazy it sounded, and this is the monumental definition of crazy.

He looked up and smiled. "Can we go somewhere? It's kind of really cool, and my kind like to brag about It alot!" He sounded enthusiastic.

"Y-yeah, sure," I smile, trying to remain calm.

Zac gets off of the bed and walks toward me. I flinch back a little, but remain still. He wraps me into a tight embrace, and I try to ignore the electricity running throughout my body. He lifts my chin and looks into my eyes, and he looks sad.

"Thank you. I know how scary this must be for you, and I'm sorry to spring it on you, especially after having such a bad day."

He looked down , seeming ashamed.

I took a deep breath and brought my hand up to his face.

"If we are mates, then I'll be by your side through everything." I gave him a reassuring smile.

If what he said was true, and I believe him, then I'll have to except this. That's probably why none of my past relationships ever worked, cuz Zac was my destiny.

I walk over to Tara's crib and pick her up, being careful not to wake her. I grab my car keys and I'm out the door.

__________________________________
Zac PoV

Right now, we are in Delilah's car, and I'm driving. I'm taking her to a little field, and I'm gonna show her my wings.

Not to brag, but my wings are pretty big, and the bigger the wings, the more powerful you will grow to be.

Delilah is looking out the window and staying silent. I try to read her thoughts, but they are completely silent.

Her pulse, on the other hand, was very loud.

I'm trying to think of something to say, but I can't come up with a topic.

I wonder what other things he can do...