-12-

I'm so excited.

Tomorrow is my first day of college.

I am so proud of myself. I've worked my ass off. Stayed in school and kept good grades alongside raising a kid and keeping a job. Nobody I know has been in my shoes and I made the best out of my situation.

Ray helped me bring all my things to my new dorm room. I have my very own, which is exciting.

These past three months, Ray has been a good help.

I slowly started feeling better and that is honestly thanks to Ray. I would still be a heartbroken mess.

But I still could never imagine myself romantically with Ray. It just can't happen.

It's nothing against him, but now that I know him the way I do, I just couldn't think about dating him.

He saw me at my worse, when I needed a friend, so that's how he always has to be.

As I'm headed back to my room, a patch of black hair catches my eye from across the hall. Then my eyes wonder down his back to his shoulders.

He is tall and broad. Muscles obvious through his tight fitted shirt.

His back is to me but he seems strangely familiar, even though I was sure I never met this person before in my life.

Then he turned around and I saw a set of eyes with a variety of colors. Some green , some gray, some black. They're the most beautiful I've ever seen in my life, and they were looking straight at me.

He was so handsome. From his eyes, to his straight nose, to his crooked smile. He smiled at me, then turned the corner of the hall.

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath until my head started spinning.

I breathed in a deep breath, and chucked to myself.

"Get a grip, Delilah," i scolded.

I finished walking to my room and closed the door.

Somehow Tara was still sleeping where I left her, regardless of the whoops and excited screams filtering in from the halls.

I looked around my room, and smiled. This is going to be a good year, I thought to myself.  I started by making my bed, and putting some of my clothes in the dresser. I organized and decorated. After 40 minutes or so, I heard Tara grumble.

I turned to her and picked her up. "Good morning grumpy,"I coo. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes!" She says excited.

"Let's go then, yeah?" I tickled her as I said this.

I grabbed my room keys and locked the door.

I walked across campus with Tara in my arms. A lot of people turned to stare at me, and I don't blame them. If I was in ther position and saw a 18 year old girl walking across a college campus with a baby at the hip, I would stare, too. I already told myself this would happen, so I just brushed it aside.

We made our way to the food court, and I decided to go the the little salad and chicken square.

I ordered myself a salad and got some chicken nuggets for Tara.

"Should we eat here or in the room?" I asked Tara.

"ROOM!" she yelled.

I laughed at how excited she seemed.

As we started back toward the room, I spotted Ray walking alongside a pretty blonde-haired girl. Strange, I thought, but I pushed it aside.

As I turned down the walkway to the C Hall, which was my hall, I bumped into a tall figure.

"I-im sorry," I mumbled. "I should have been watching where I was going."

"It's fine," said a deep and sexy voice.

I looked up to see who was in front of me and I gasped. It was those mesmerising eyes. He smirked.

"Need any help? Looks like you got your hands full," he gestured toward Tara.

Say yes, my brain hissed at me.

"No, that's alright," I said shyly and smiled.

"Nonsense," he said and bent down and picked up the bag that had fallen to our feet. "Lead the way."

I started to walk toward the room and the whole way my thoughts wouldn't be quite.

He's so handsome. Why does he feel so familiar. He's just being nice, don't get so worked up. You don't even know him, he could be a axe murderer.

The figure besides me chuckled.

I pulled my keys from my pockets and unlocked the door. I walked in and my eyes instantly landed on my half unpacked clothing. Specifically on my bras and underwear.

I quickly sat Tara down over top of them, and turned back the the person at my doorway. He was smiling at me.

"Um, thanks for carrying that. Would you like to come in?" I asked him.

"Sure," he said with a smile.

He walked into the room and closed the doors. He placed the bag down on the desk in the corner and pulled the chair out and sat down. His gaze landed on me.

I blushed and quickly looked away. Tara broke the awkward silence.

"Mommy, nuggies," she pouted.

I chuckled then turned around to grab the bag, where the guy was already pulling them out. He got up and handed them to Tara, then sat next to her on the bed.

"Here little one," he said as he sat the nuggets in his hand.

Tara giggled and bounced up and down.

"So what's your name?" He asked me.

"It's, um, Delilah," i told him.

"I'm Zac," he smiled.

"It's very nice to meet you, Zac," I said politely.

He stood from where he sat on the bed and walked over to me, towering over my face. "You too, Delilah," he whispered in my ear, before heading to the door. "I'll see you around." And with that, he was gone.

__________________________________

Hey guys! I hope your enjoying the story so far. Sorry if it's taking a while to get into it, I just want the background and the whole story to be told. In the next chapter im gonna put pictures of what all the characters look like. Have a good day!!