-19-

Zac's PoV

As we stepped through the door of my room, I slammed it closed and picked Delilah up by the waist. She laughed and tried to get down, but I pulled her tighter to my chest.

She looked into my eyes, and smiled.

He really is handsome.
I could see myself
easily falling for him.

I walked over to my bed, and sat down, still holding Delilah. Her hand was on the back of my head, her fingers grasping at some of my hair. We stared at each other for a few minutes, and then she sighed. She climbed down and laid at the front of my bed. I laid next to her.

"Tell me about yourself," I said.

She laughed and sighed.

"My name is Delilah Daniella Jones. I'm 18, but I will be 19 in a month. Um, let's see," she paused to think.

"You can tell me anything, no matter if it's good or bad," I told her.

She closed her eyes.

"Well um...about three months ago, my best friend was murdered. I was so heart broken. And the day before that, I broke up with my boyfriend, that I had been with for 4 years...it didn't end well. He cheated on me a lot, and he really messed up my trust." She stoped, a single tear coming from her still-closed eyes. I wiped it away, and pulled her close to me.

She spoke against my chest, "I loved her. She was like my sister, and the day it happened, she was going home to get her things, and she was going to move in with me."

My heart was breaking for her.

"I hadn't thought about it until now, it's been three months."

I kissed the top of her forehead, ignoring the sparks shooting through my entire body.

I wanted to take all the pain from her and protect her. I wanted her to be happy.

"I don't know why, but I feel so close to you," she said.

"I do, too," I smiled.

We talked for a while. I told her about myself, and she told me the story with Tara. She told me things I don't think she's ever told anyone else. But it did surprise me to know that she's never had sex, especially since she lived with a boy for two years, so when we mate that will be the first time for the both of us.

I felt the bond growing closer, just from spending this little time together. I can't explain the pleasure coursing through my body just from holding her close. I close my eyes and place my forehead against hers. She wraps her arms around me and we just hold each other until we both fall asleep.

__________________________________

Delilah PoV

My phone wakes me. I hadn't realised I had fallen asleep. I crawl over Zac, who groans and reaches toward me, and I grab my purse. I quickly take my phone out and look at the name.

Ray.

I groan out loud before answering it.

"Hey, what's up?" I say into the line.

"Tara won't stop crying so I stopped by your room, and you weren't there. Where are you?"

"I am ... at the library, but stay at my room, I'll come get her."

"You are totally lying to me! Your with that guy, aren't you?" he sounded angry.

"Ray, I am by myself, and even if I was with him you have no right to get mad about that!"

"I know, I'm sorry. Just hurry please."

With that, I hung up. I sighed and put my face in my hands. Zac sits up and rubs my back.

"Look at me," he says.

I look up into his eyes, and smile.

"Want me to come with you?" He asked.

I shake my head even though I really do want him to come.

"Ray would probably steal Tara if he saw you." I told him.

"How about you go out the back door and in three minutes I'll come from the hall toward your room, so it doesn't appear that we were together."

I look down. This short time that I've been with Zac has been really nice, and I didn't want it to end. We got to know so much about each other. I told him things I hadn't even told Alicia. Something draws me to him, and I don't want to fight it.

"I don't want to go," I tell him.

I must sound really pathetic.

Zac grabs my hand and drags me toward him, so I'm straddling him. Looking at him, it's hard to believe he's never been in a real relationship, and it's even harder to believe he's never had - .

"I have to go," I sigh.

He nods, then takes my phone from my hand. He puts his number in and takes a picture for the contract pic. Then I grab his phone from his pocket and do the same thing. He kisses my forehead, and I'm off the bed and out the door.