-7-

After dropping Daniel's things off, I hurried back home so I could tidy up the house before Ray got there. When I walked in the door, I called to Alicia, "Hey, the guy from the movies is gonna come over in a bit, just wanted to let you know,"

A high cat-call came from her new room, and that was the last of the conversation.

After 20 minutes of me cleaning, I went upstairs to change into something more appealing. As I was brushing my teeth, a knock came on the bathroom door. Alicia was standing there with a disappointed look on her face.

"Hey, would it be okay if I bunked in here with you a few days? Johnathan said he couldn't come for a few weeks.... Trucks in the shop." She sounded sad and embarrassed.

"How about ... we share this room? You can put your things in Daniel's old dresser and then you wouldn't have to move anything except for your clothes?"

Her eyes brightened immediately, and hugged me.

"I love you so much! This is my dream come true! I'm going to go get my things now, I'll be back in a few!" She was super excited as she ran down the stairs and out the door. I finished up in the bathroom and made my bed and picked up anything from off the floor. I sprayed myself with perfume, and went downstairs. I lit a candle and sat on the couch just waiting for Ray.

About 10 minutes later, a knock came from the door. I breathed in a big breath, and went to go greet Ray. In his hands, he had a bouquet of roses. I gasped. He blushed and said, " Hey. I hope it's not weird bringing you flowers."

"Not at all," I said. "Please, come in."

After he walked inside, he looked around the room. I walked past him to the stairs and said, "Lets go up to my room,"

He had a embarrassed look and said, "yeah, sure." He followed me up the stairs and into my room. I jumped on the bed and offered for him to sit.

"So, tell me about yourself," I offered up.

"Well, um. I'm 19. I enjoy hunting and fishing. I'm basically just your average guy, nothing to special," he scratched the back of his head, and added, "you look really beautiful." I smile and say, "thanks,"

"Tell me about yourself," he said.

"Well, my name is Delilah Jones. I'm 18. Um... I just got out of a 4-year relationship yesterday, totally scary. You met me yesterday because I was scared to be home. I just invited my best friend to stay in my room instead of the guest bedroom, who knows why, i-" he cut me off.

"Oh, um. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a pushy guy you know, now that I know you just got out of a relationship. I'd like to be good friends with you, you know? Maybe one day more." He ended his sentence looking down at the bed.

I cringed at the last part. I didn't have it in me to talk about this right now.

"Who knows what the future holds," I added.

I picked up the remote and turned on Netflix. I motioned for him to lie down next to me and handed him the remote.

He picked some comedy movie,  and we watched that for a while. After that was over, I turned to him and asked, "what you wanna do now? You hungry?"

"I could eat, yeah," he said. I laughed.

I picked up my phone and ordered a pizza.

A few hours past by with a blur. Ray was pretty funny and nice to be around. I felt sane and at peace. I looked at my phone, and it was 2:50 pm.

"Oh, um, I have to go get Tara. If you want you can wait here, or you can come with," I told him.

"I'll come with, " he said.

We got into my car and left the house. We drive the 15 minutes to the sitters house telling jokes and laughing.

"We're here, I'll be right back," I told him. I got out of the car and went to go inside. Before I could get two knocks out, the door opened , and Tara came running out. "MOMMY!!" She yelled. I picked her up and waved bye to the sitter. We went back to the car and I got her buckled up, and started on the way home.