-44-

Delilah PoV

Zac was fast asleep in the humongous bed, but my nerves kept me awake.

I was so nervous. Thinking about becoming the queen of Hell.

The devil being my father.

Having to leave my entire life behind.

Of course it was an exhilarating thought being in charge , but it terrified me, no less.

I decided to get up and look for the kitchen. I hadn't eaten today, and I was starving.

I quietly unzipped the cover to Tara's crib and brought her with me.

I closed the door to our room, and sighed. The halls to the palace were extremely long.

I looked in every door I passed, but to no avail.

After a few moments, I ended up in the middle of the palace, where Zac, Satan and I were earlier.

"Looking for something?" came a deep voice from behind me.

I gasped and jumped, slowly turning to see the Devil in front of me.

His presence still made me nervous, even after seeing all his memories and knowing all of his weaknesses.

"Um, just the kitchen. The little one hasn't eaten today."

And neither have I.

"Follow me, child. I can show you the way." he said in a 'I'm-the-boss' tone.

I hummed my response and followed him down the maze of halls.

We turned the last corner to find a great big kitchen with restaurant appliances.

"What would you like to eat? I'm quite the chef, if I do say so myself." He had a cocky grin on his face and turned his back to me, walking toward one of the many refrigerators.

"Uhm..." instantly I forgot all the foods that I dearly enjoined, leaving my mind blank.

"I don't think I know how to make that," he joked.

I chucked and went back to thinking.

"Well, to be honest, a nice, thick, greasy burger would hit the spot, along with a side of fries. And could you make two? Zac would be hungry as well."

"And for the child?" He asked, pointing toward Tara sleeping in my arms.

"Uhh, just some mashed potatoes, I can do that while you make the burgers."

He nodded and and pulled things out of the fridge.
________________
We cooked in mostly silence the entire time. When the food was finally done, Tara was awake and running full circles around the kitchen.

I swooped her up and balanced all the food in my arms.

As I turned to leave, Satan cleared his throat.

"Hey um, I know you are probably still so confused and have some questions. Why don't we go somewhere tomorrow? Get to know each other better. I'm not too accustomed with how humans interact with their offspring, but I can try. I am, after all, your biological father. And you are my only biological child."

I listed to his words closely, considering them.

I nodded and turned.

"Goodnight, Satan."
________________________________
Zac PoV

"Babyyy. Baby wake up!"  Delilah's voice was soft as she called for me.

Truth is, I'd been awake ever since she left. Being away from her was unbearable, and I'd been watching through her eyes.