-38-

Zac PoV

Delilah fell asleep in my arms after we mated. Drinking from her felt so amazing, and I now know all the stories I've been told were true.

After she wakes from her nap, I'm taking her to get her first tattoo, and I'm going to get one as well. I'm getting her name tattooed across my chest.

Tomorrow, myself, Tara, and Delilah are going to The Underworld. We have to make an appearance to the ruler, Satan, and I want to gain our status as one of the presidents. I'm also going to see Delilah's wings, which I was so excited about.

Just the thought of her cute little adorable wings send shudders of happiness down my spine. She would have to take a pill to get them to open the first time, then after that they come out on cue.

I grabbed my phone and texted the tattoo guy that we would be there within the hour, and to get the surprise lined up that I had planned.

I also texted Rebecca to head over here so she could take pictures and then take Tara for the night. I wanted my little demon to be free.

I quietly slipped out from the bed and threw some shorts on, then went downstairs. I prepared Tara some lunch, and went into her room. She was playing with some toys and listening to her italian CD.

When she saw me, she squealed and stood up. She clung to my leg and was giggling as I took steps, holding on so she would fall off.

"Down, Tara, time for lunch." After I mentioned food Tara jumped down and went over to her little table in the corner. I sat her plate of apple slices and chicken nuggets down, and watched her eat until she was done.

I grabbed a wipe and cleaned her mouth, she was such a messy little eater.

She cuddled up against my chest and fell asleep. I guess she was ready for a nap, too.

Watching Tara sleep again made me think of how it would be to have my own little demon running around. I wouldn't send them away to the nursery like the other parents would, I would want to raise him myself. I would be fine with a little Delilah or a little Zac, just as long as I got one.

I smiled and sighed. I was getting pretty hungry , too. I laid Tara in her bed and made my way to the kitchen. I fixed myself a sandwich and sat down at the island, flipping through my phone.

_______________
I let Delilah sleep another hour and a half before I woke her from her nap. Rebecca had arrived and was setting the camera up so she could take pictures of Delilah and everything else.

At 3 pm sharp, we pulled up into the parking lot of the parlor. Delilah's excited squeals were like music to my ears. I got out of the car and opened her door, grabbing her hand and led her through the doors.

I walked straight back to a room with two chairs and two artists. Delilah took the female artist, and I sat down in the guys seat.

"What would you like today, my friend?" The guy asked.

"In a cursive writing, Delilah Daniella Jones across my upper chest," I slid my finger along where I wanted her name. The guy nodded and went to draw out the stencil. I looked over at Delilah, and she had her phone out, showing the lady what she wanted.

So, what have you decided on?

Delilah jumped a little at my mind link, which sent me into a fit of laughter. Everyone turned to look at me as if I was mad, which intensified my laughter even more.

Meany! And I'll guess you'll have to wait and see.

I smiled and sighed, waiting for the guy to finish with the stencil.

"Before we start," the lady was speaking up. "Who wants to take some shots!" Her voice was full of playfulness, which made me smile.

"One for each of us," I replied, and Delilah looked at me. I nodded my head and smiled. She'd never had drinken alcohol before, so this would be her first time.

The lady came back a few moments later with a tray full of shots , and handed one to the each of us. Delilah looked at me with a nervous glance, so I motioned for her to get up. She sat on my lap, and I kissed her forehead.

"Ready?" I asked, holding up the shot. Delilah nodded and took in a breath.

"One, two...three!" We both threw the liquor into our mouth and swallowed. The warm feeling of the alcohol slid it's way down my throat, hitting the nerves I didn't know we tense. I reached over and grabbed two more shots and placed one in Delilah's hand.

"Bottoms up, neonata," I whispered, and she did as I said.

I placed a kiss on her lips and smacked her bottom.

She giggled and went back over to her seat. I settled in and sighed, looking to the man.

"Ready?" He asked, and I nodded, leaning back and closing my eyes.

The first hit of the tattoo needle was sharp and painful, but after a few moments, the pain seemed to be dulled.

The liquor, working like magic.

________________

After what felt like two hours, the artist was finally done. He wiped my chest and backed away, handing me a mirror. I took it and looked at the markings.

And there it was. 'Delilah Daniella Jones' written in cursive with beautiful embellishments and looping curls. I smiled, pleased.

I looked over at Delilah, and she was on her side, the lady still at work.

"How much do I owe you?" I asked the man, "including her."

"Since it's her birthday, I'll drop it down to $150. Don't tell anyone because that will not happen again," the man laughed and I chuckled along with him as I fished some bills out of my wallet.

The man put a bandage across my chest and I tugged my shirt back on. I went and sat in the waiting area, brainlessly scrolling through my phone.

After an hour and still no sign of Delilah, I impatiently got up to go check on her, but she walked through the doors before I could leave my seat completely.

"Ready to go?" She asked sweetly.

"Of course, my queen."

The sight of my mate left me feeling giddy. I wanted to protect her from all the dangers of the world. I wanted to spread my wings and envelope us until the end of time.

My beautiful mate.

"Zaccc, what are you starting atttt?" Delilah hid her blush behind a whine.

"Just the most beautiful woman on this planet and the next," I leaned down send placed a kiss on her forehead, and grabbed her hand.

We walked a few moments in silence. Before we left the parlor, the man handed me the surprise I had for Delilah.

I was walking us toward the pier overlooking the beach waters. The setting sun set the most romantic mood there ever was. My heart rate increased a little, I was nervous.

I pushed those feelings aside, and stopped in front of an icecream truck. I got Delilah her favorite treat, and continued our walk.