-20-

Delilah PoV

I meet Ray outside my room. Tara sees me and starts crying.

"Mommy, up," she has tear stained cheeks and her eyelids have tears ready to spill over.

I grab Tara and she wraps her arms around my neck and holds me super close.

"What did you do to her?" I asked accusingly. Tara has never acted this way before when she was alone with Ray.

"She was asking for icecream and I wouldn't get her any, so she started crying." He said as he was looking down.

I rolled my eyes and took the key from my purse and walked in. Ray came in after me.

"You know you've been being a real dick lately," I tell him. "You keep getting jealous when you see me with Zac, like what the hell? How many times do I have to tell you we are only gonna be friends! You are literally like a brother to me!" I'm taking all my frustrations out on Ray, but at this point I don't care.

"Delilah, I love you," he sounded so helpless.

I looked at him, and he had tears brimming his eyes.

"I could have left the pieces right where they were. But I helped you."

"I never fucking asked you to!" At this point, I'm screaming. Tara is crying hysterically.

"What about that day I walked into the bathroom with you trying to cut your fucking self! If I wasn't there to take care of Tara, who would have been?" He was yelling right back at me.

"You need to get out," I tell him.

"No Delilah," he says as he's walking toward me.

I set Tara in her crib and open a pack of cookies for her, hoping she would stop crying. I put my hand on my head and take a deep breath.

Ray yanked back my arm, making me look at him.

"Ray, let go of me!" I demand.

He doesn't. He takes a tighter grip on my wrist and he starts backing me to a wall.

"Nobody is going to love you like I do. I'm gonna kiss you and your going to kiss me back," he said. He pushed me until my back was firmly pressed to the wall.

"Please get off of me, please," I'm pleading. I've never seen Ray like this before.

"Stop fucking fighting me," he yells in my face.

"Daniel, please stop," I'm crying so hard at this point.

"What did you just call me?" he looks shocked, then his expression turns hard. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST CALL ME?"

I then realized I called him Daniel. I fight to pull my arms back, but he has a crazy tight grip on me. He inches his face closer to mine, and puts one hand around my neck.

"Please stop Ray, I will never fucking forgive you." The tears are coming down like they are from a faucet.

He inches closer to me and his lips brush mine, but I'm shaking my head back and forth, and start to kick my legs. Ray's grip around my throat tightens.

"Get the fuck off of her," comes a voice from behind Ray.

__________________________________
Zac PoV

As I'm getting closer to Delilah's room, I start to feel a twinge of pain around my neck. I try to ignore it, but the closer I get, the worse it becomes.

Suddenly I hear screaming from down the hall. I start running toward Delilah's room, worry heavy in my stomach. When I'm close enough, I see that the yells were coming from her room, and the door was wide open.

I step inside and I'm immediately filled with rage.

Ray has Delilah pressed against a wall with a hand around her throat.

"Get the fuck off of her," I growl.

Ray turns around and once he sees me, he rolls his eyes.

"Oh great. Looks like your little boyfriend is here to save the day."

He lets go of Delilah, and she sinks to the ground, clutching her neck and crying. I walk the two steps to him and grab his shirt collar. I push him out of the room, then I punch him hard in the face. He fell to the ground.

I close the door and lock it behind me. Ray starts banging, but my attention is focused on my mate crying on the floor.

I immediately rush to her and pick her up. She clings to me, crying. I walk over to the bed and sit, holding her close.

After 5 minutes, she seemed calm enough, so I lifted her chin to have her look at me.

"Tell me what happened," I urge.

I'm gonna kill him, but later. Right now this is where I'm supposed to be.

"H-he said he loved me a-and I told him he was just a friend' to m-me. Then he backed me int-to the wall and tried to kiss me. I accidentally c-called him Daniel and he got mad."

She took in a deep breath, and placed her head on my chest.

"Being around you calms me down," she said.

Suddenly, her phone alarm started going off.

She looks up to me, and another tear slides down her face.

"No, no way your going to class after what just happened." I say sternly. "They will understand."

She nodds and sniffs her nose. "You better get to class, you don't want to be late."

She tried to put a smile across her face, but her thoughts were too loud.

Please don't leave me.

"This is exactly where I need to be right now, right here with you." She lets out a sigh of relief, and put her head back into my chest.

"I'm just a stranger to you, why do you even like me?" She asked. I could tell by her voice she was on the verge of tears again.

"I-i can't tell you until you fall in love with me. "

She looked up then, and had a confused expression.

She brought her hand to my face and stroked it. I lay my head into her hand and close my eyes.

"I feel like I've known you forever," she whispers.

I really want to tell her. To tell her about me, about us, about what she is gonna become. I wanna tell her and make her understand. But it would scare her, and she's already been through a terrible day as it was.

I'll tell you soon, I said to her in my mind.

Just then, her expression dropped. "W-what?" she said.

Oh. My. God. Did she just recieve my mindlink.

"I thought I heard you say something, but you didn't talk," she laughed. "I guess I'm just going crazy."

Now would be the perfect time to tell her.

She got up off of my lap, and went into her dresser. She pulled out a change of clothes, and went into the bathroom.

I let out a breath and sit back and think about today's events. It started on a high note, and I was gonna make sure it ended that way.

I can't wait to finally be able to kiss her, to be able to explain everything. We were gonna be the most powerful couple.