-17-

A/N I'm gonna start doing different pov between Delilah and Zac. Hope you guys enjoy

Zac PoV

In my arms was the cutest little baby ever, and to my side was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had long, dark brown hair, and these dark chocolate eyes that made me just fall in love.

Once she excepted the bond, then we were going to be inseperable.

Her thoughts were going wild in her head. She didn't know whether to trust me or run away screaming. It made me sad that I couldn't just tell her now and show her how special the bond was. But I have to wait until she is ready.

I reach to open my dorm door. I sat Tara on the desk and bent down to the little refrigerator and grabbed the tub of icecream.

"Oh gosh," came an angelic voice. "She is gonna be so hyper during my next class."

Delilah walked in and held the icecream. She walked over to where the spoons were, she knowing because she organized my entire room, and she scooped out one spoonful, and handed the icecream back to me.

I laughed and put it back in it's place. I jumped to the bed and just admired her beauty.

She was one of a kind, and I couldn't wait to just get a taste.

She sat Tara on the floor with the spoon and turned around and glanced at me.

Oh God, he's looking at me.
What if I look bad? What
if he thinks I'm ugly.

She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen and she thought she looked ugly. Surprisingly, I find myself getting angry. I take in a deep breath and look torward her.

"Come here," I said sternly, and she did. I pulled her onto the bed and placed her to where she was looking at me.

Fuck me, he's so hot.

It took everything in me not to laugh at her thoughts, but I took her face in my hands instead.

"I'm going to take good care of you. I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to you or Tara. I promise," I stated.

Her eyes fell and I could sense she was sad.

If only he really
meant that.

I pulled her closer to me, then picked her up so she was on my lap. I pulled her into a tight embrace. I breathed in my mates strong, calming sent. I started to feel an electric current run down my fingertips, and I know she felt it to by the way she gasped.

The first hug is what sets it off. The first kiss solidifies it.
And mating for the first time links our souls.

I've searched for many years for mine, and when I saw Delilah in the hall yesterday, when I felt her presence, I instantly became infatuated. I am so happy. I thought I'd never get her.

Her face looked up and she looked into my eyes.

"I'm scared," she whispered.

"Me, too," I admitted.

She put her face back into the crook of my neck.

Suddenly, her phone alarm went off, and she jumped up.

"I have 5 minutes to get to my class and I have no idea where it is! I have to go now. Thanks for the icecream," she said as she scooped Tara up. She was out the door in seconds.

I was frozen to my spot on the bed. My heart felt a twinge of pain as Delilah got farther and farther away. We were so close, yet so far. Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

Maybe I should go and help her find her class.

I shot up and ran out the door. She wasn't in the hall. I ran out of C building and she was nowhere in the yard. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I started in the direction of my class, weaving in between the other students on the way to their class.

I missed her already.

__________________________________

Delilah PoV

I finally made it to my class, and I find the seat Ray saved for me. I sat Tara on the floor in front of her bag of toys and snacks. I sighed and looked at Ray, but he was looking forward.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

He nodded in my direction but didn't look at me.

"Uh, what's your problem?" I asked. I was getting frustrated with him ignoring me.

"Nothing," he said with nonchalance in his voice.

"Whatever," I mumbled and looked forward.

My mind started going through what just happened. I was so close to Zac. The feeling was unexplainable. When he touched me, it felt like electricity. I just met him but I trusted him with everything.

Maybe I can let myself believe, I thought. Maybe this was going to be a good thing.

Just then, the professor walked in and started talking. I took as many notes as I could, but I was completely distracted. My mind kept going to Zac.

I wonder if he's thinking about me, too.

My eyes settled on a beautiful blond-haired girl, and she was starting right back at me.

And if looks could kill, I would be 10-feet under.

I broke the eye contact and tried to pay attention back up front. The teacher was going on about some math theory. I looked to the floor, and Tara had drug her blanket out the bag and was cuddled up to it on the floor. I picked her up and put her on my lap, knowing she was about to fall asleep. She nestled into my chest and started sucking her thumb.

I paid attention to the professor the rest of class.