-23-

Delilah PoV

The first week of college passed with a blur. Me and Zac spent every moment we had free with each other. Both of us could tell the bond was getting so strong.

Later today, me and Zac will be going on a date, and he's going to show me how to do something special that mates do. Ray has been texting me and trying to talk to me in classes, but I have just been ignoring him.

He hurt me, and he lost my respect for him. He should have never done what he did.

Right now, me and Zac are in our last class, and Tara is sitting on the floor playing with some toys. She's grown really attached to Zac, which makes this whole situation much easier.

If I'm being honest, I've grown more attached to Zac than I ever thought I would, and that kind of scares me.

But if what Zac says about mates is true, then he is just as attached as I am.

It turned out that Zac had the last two classes with me as well as the first and third one.

"That concludes this lecture on the chemical compounds of barium dioxide, and next week will be an exam worth 20 % of you first quarter grade," the chemistry professor was going on about some compound elements that I learned in 11th grade, so I let my mind wonder other places.

"Excited for our date?" Comes Zac's voice, snapping me out my thoughts.

I nodded. "absolutely!"

"Don't forget, it's formal attire only. No ripped jeans and over sized shirts," he teased as he lifted my shirt. His finger began rubbing soft circles against my waist, and looks into my eyes.

He licked his lips gave me a million-dollar smile.

"Class dismissed!" Came the professors voice.

He chuckled at me and removed his hand. He got up from his seat, and leaned over to pick Tara up.

"Come on little one."

"Up up," she giggled and reached toward Zac.

The two of them were the best of friends.

Zac picked her up and put her on his shoulders. She grasped a handful on his hair and they started down the isle. I stood from my seat and grabbed Tara's bag, and when I stood up, Zac was already out the door.

I sighed, and made my way down the isle. Outside the door, Zac was nowhere in sight.

I felt a twang in my heart and sighed again.

I mde my way to the doors that lead to the courtyard, and stop dead in my tracks. A few yards away is Zac and Tara, but they were surrounded by a group of girls.

Jealousy coursed through my veins , and I felt tears threatening to spring loose. I took a deep breath in, and walk forward. I can hear the conversation now.

"Oh my God, she's so adorable. Is she yours?" One girl asked.

"Well, she looks more like her mom, so I'm sure she would love to hear that," beamed Zac with his signature crooked smile.

I smile to myself and pick up my speed a bit.

"So are you and the mom, like, a thing?" Another girl asked.

"Most definitely, yeah, and there she is right now," Zac said, as he smiled over at me.

All the girls giggled as if they had one mind.

"Mommy!" Yelled Tara, and outstretched her arms toward me.

"Hi baby," I say as I take her.

"Ready to go?" I asked Zac, and he took Tara's bag from my shoulder and nodded with a smile.