-48-

Delilah PoV

"Mommy mommy!" Tara's cries wake me from my sleep.

I groan and turn over toward the crib, looking at Tara trying to climb out but not being able to due to the netting.

"I'm coming little one," my voice cracks as a yawn erupts.

I unzip the crib and grab Tara, bringing her to the bathroom.

"How are you today little monkey?" I ask as I tickle her belly.

She grabs onto my hair and smiles wide, spitting out semblances of words.

After I shut the bathroom door, I place Tara on the ground to run around while I do my business.

Before I even pull my pants down, Tara is crying on the floor.

Groaning, I stand up and make my way over to the screaming toddler.

"What's wrong baby girl? Did you hurt yourself?" I coo at her until her cries stop, her pouting face looking at mine. 

I sigh and pick her up, placing her on the counter.

"Stay still!" I point my finger at her and she nods.

I turn around and grab her diaper bag as well as a bag with some clothes.

Making my way back to Tara, a slap the bag on the counter and start digging through them, pulling out wipes and a fresh diaper.

Pulling her old clothes off, I notice mashed potatoes down the front of her chest.

"What the...?"

Tara giggles at my reaction and starts kicking her feet back and forth.

"Guess maybe it's bath time, huh?" I say aloud.

Tara protests but stops as soon as she sees a toy in her diaper bag, pulling it out and occupying herself.

I pull the rest of her clothes off and place her on the tile floor, along with some toys.

I turn to the huge bath in the middle of the room and turn the water on, adding some bubbles to make Tara more interested.

I stood up and caught my reflection in the floor length mirror.

My eyes were a bright purple and my usually wavy brown hair was pitch black and straight.

The bags under my eyes that indicated little sleep were evident against my now darker skin.

I grabbed a brush from my bag and combed through my locks, pulling it into a twisted bun.

Might as well take a bath with her.

I pull my shirt over my head and push down my pants.

Standing in my underwear, I turn back around to see Zac standing in the doorway, watching me.

I smile sheepishly.

"Creep!"

He laughs and walks in, closing the door.

Slowly walking toward me, I feel guilt coursing though me.

He's feeling guilty.

"I love you," he whispers as he reaches me. " I love you more than anything in this life and all the rest. I- " he stopped and scratched his neck, then reaching for my hand.

"If you don't want to become the queen, I'll fully support you. If we get banished, if we become fallen, at least we'll have each other. That's all that matters to me is you."