-46-

Zac PoV

"Either you step up to the throne and rule, which is your duty. Or yourself and your mate will be fallen."

Satans words shot through my chest like a bullet.

I didn't listen to the rest of the conversation. I lost all my senses and the world around me became blurry.

I heard the door slam, knocking me out of my daze.

I turned my head to look at Delilah, but her eyes were tightly closed.

"Delilah..." I started.

"Don't!" She said loudly.

I nodded and leaned back in the bed.

Fallen.

Fallen!

I can't become fallen.

"Delilah..." I tried again.

"I said DON'T Zac." Her tone was full of dominance.

I felt a pang of anger run through my chest.

"Delilah. This doesn't just affect you. FALLEN, Delilah. You don't know just how terrible that is."

She looked at me with tears streaking her face. I hated to see her cry, and I wanted nothing more than to comfort her and tell her everything will be okay, but this is a very serious issue.

"I know, Zac. But I'm not ready for that. I'm not ready to-"

"TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES? I'm not meaning that this is just some part time job, Delilah. This is an entire realm. These people need a ruler. You are that ruler. And to become fallen? I swear I'd do any and everything for you but this is my life that we are talking about as well. MY FAMILY. I- "

I stopped myself before I could upset her even farther.

I hated the fact that I was saying these things, but she just didn't understand. She couldn't understand yet.

"And that's exactly why I'm not ready. I'm 19 years old! I'm not hundreds or thousands of years old! 19, Zac. I'm a kid. I already have a big enough responsibility looking after Tara, now I got to add thousands upon thousands of others I'm responsible for? No."

"You don't just get to say no. You are damning me, as well. As my mate , we are supposed to make these decisions TOGETHER. But your deciding this for yourself. Now please tell me, do you think that once we are human, and once this mate bond wears off, that I would have a hard time staying away from you after what you've done?"

Delilah gasped from besides me, and that's when I realized what I said.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, more than before.

"I..." I tried to apologize or at least think of something to say, but I couldn't. So instead I got up and walked out the room.
_________________

It been two hours since I left the room.

I'd been playing the argument over and over in my head, thinking of where and why I would possibly say those things to her.

I know that when humans get angry, their subconscious says things that are truth and how they really feel, but I didn't feel what I said at all.

Then it hit me. The closest thing I had to a subconscious was my demon.

Axel, why the fuck would you make me say those things to Delilah? She will never forgive me now.

She will forgive you, Zacharia. But she is going to ruin us! Ruin our lives! And she doesn't care. I love her too, with ever fiber in my demon mind, Zac. But fallen. We will lose each other.