-16-

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting for my alarm to go off. Waiting for my next class.

The whole time I was thinking about Zac. This was only my first day of college, I did not need to be obsessing over boys.

But there was the fact that he seems so familiar, like I knew him from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I sigh in frustration and sit up. Tara is on the floor playing with some toys. I smile.

I'm so excited that I get Tara here with me for my college experience. I would have brought her anyways, even if it meant me having to rent an apartment. I reach down and pick her up.

She whines and tried to get back down so she can play with her toys.

"Tara, stop," I say sternly. She doesn't listen. "Tara," I say louder, and she stops and looks at me. I sit her on the bed, and walk over to the little bin with her clothes in it. I want her to look cute for her first appearance in a college class. I decided to put her in a little blue outfit I got a few months back, and this way, she kinda matched with me.

I smile at how cute she looked, and looked down at my phone

I smile at how cute she looked, and looked down at my phone. 15 minutes to go. I decided to start on my way there, so we would be able to look around a little. I packed some toys and snacks in a bag for Tara, praying she stays quiet during the lecture. I put Tara's bag over one shoulder, and place Tara on her feet and grab her hand. I lock the door behind us.

As we're in the hall, a girl with red hair ran up to me with a big smile on her face.

"Hi," I said shyly.

"You are the girl Zac likes! Let me tell you, I'm so happy for you to join the family!!" She was giggling excitedly, then noticed my confused face. "Oh, I'm Zac's cousin, and I totally see you guys married!!" She was laughing a lot and bouncing up and down.

Tara started to clap and get excited.

"W-what do you mean welcome to the family?" I asked, very confused. "Cuz some other guy said that to me earlier."

She looked at me with a big smile. "Well, you see. Zac really likes you, and Zac has never liked anyone before. From the moment he saw you yesterday, he knew you were the one!! So now, your in our family, and we will protect you at all cost," she sounded so full of joy and excitement.

I cleared my throat, and the words came out before I thought about them. "And what if I don't want to be with Zac?"

She just laughed. "Oh sweetie, there's no need in telling a lie. I can tell the bond is already growing stronger. "

I chuckled nervously.

"I bet he seems oddly familiar to you, doesn't he?" she asked, catching me off guard.

How did she know that? I continued to look at her and her smile got wider and wider.

"It's okay to be nervous. It's normal. But don't try and stay away from him. He's a really good guy!" She said this and started skipping away.

At this point Tara was jumping up and down, and then she fell to the ground.

"Oh baby, your ok," I tell her.

She stuck her face up and it looked like she ate a lemon. She was about to cry, and very, very loud.

She took a deep breath in, and then she started screaming.

Oh shit, I thought in my head. I picked her up quickly, and started bouncing on my feet.

"Shhhh baby, it's ok. You want ice cream?" I asked, desperate to have her stop. She wiped her eyes and quieted a little, and nodded her head, but she was still crying.

I took her bag off my shoulder and put it on the ground, then I threw her into the air. This always calmed her down.

Immediately, she started giggling and laughing, and I knew that her crying fit was over.

"Ice-tweam," she said with a giggle.

I laughed and I reached to pick her bag from the floor, but another hand beat me to it. I turn around, and instantly my heart feels like it's been completed.

It was Zac.

Why was I like this? Why in the world was I so obsessed with a boy I literally just met.

He smiled at me and stood back up.

"Can I carry her?" He asked.

"If you can find her some icecream, then definitely," I said.

"Well, lucky for you, because I have some back in my room." He grabbed Tara from my arms and turned around toward his room without another word.

I stood there for a second, trying to process what happened, then I laughed. He really just took my child. 

Today was gonna be an eventful day.