-21-

Delilah PoV

I walk into the bathroom to change my clothes. My head keeps wondering to the look on Ray's face. He was reminding me of Daniel, and I was so scared.

I look up into the mirror, at my tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes.

Zac probably thinks I'm a train wreck.

I'm so glad he finally showed up when he did, because I don't know what else Ray would have done to me.

I push the thought aside, and grab my brush and bring it through my hair. Once it's completely brushed through, I tie my hair in a bun atop my head.

I grab my makeup remover wipes and start taking off my mascara. I sigh.

He's gonna see me looking my worse, so if he can except me then I'll except him.

I grab the change of clothes I brought. It was a simple white tank top and some navy green sweats.

I look at myself in the mirror

I look at myself in the mirror. I really liked bad. I decided to add a last few touches.

Some clear lip gloss, some coconut oil to my lashes to make them pop, and as a last, quick though, I remove my bra.

This should definitely be fun.

Before leaving, I grab some lotion and quickly apply it up my arms, then open the door.

______________

Zac was standing over Tara's crib, holding her in his arms. She had one hand extended to Zac's face, while the other one was in her mouth. She has a habit of sucking on her thumb.

Tara has never acted this way with anyone. Not Daniel nor Ray.
My heart swelled, and I had a strong notion to walk over to him. I clear my throat.

He instantly looks at me, and then his eyes travel down.

__________________________________
Zac's PoV

As I'm waiting for Delilah to get done in the bathroom, I lean back and take a breath in. Then Tara starts whining in her crib. I look over to her and she's looking at me.

"Da-ddy," she mumbled. I can instantly feel a blush creep to my face as I stand up and walk to her.

"I'm not your daddy, Tara," I say as I reach down and pick her up.

"Da-ddy," she says once again.

She starts to suck on her thumb and she brings her other hand up to my face.

"One day, me and your mommy are gonna be the most powerful couple of the underworld. And you'll be the princess. Every suitor will be lining up, just dying to take your hand in marriage. But that will be your choice. Whether you want to marry into wealth or you want to wait for your mate." I sigh as I think about how lucky I was to find my mate. Then I laugh at myself for talking to a child. My mind wanders as I'm dreaming about the future, and I don't hear the bathroom door open.

Delilah clears her throat from behind me.

I snap my head back, and i feel as though I've just been kicked in the stomach. She is so gorgeous.

Her hair is in a bun on her head and she has removed all her makeup. Her lips look glossy and very kissable. Then I take in the rest of her body. She's wearing plain clothes but she makes it look so fashionable.

That's when I notice she isn't wearing a bra, and her nipples are showing through the sheer material of her top.

Before I can stop myself, a growl leaves my throat. Delilah laughs from across the room.

I look back toward Tara, who has fallen asleep in my arms. I placed her carefully in her crib, and look at my watch. It's nearly 2 pm.

I walk toward her and she holds her hand out, and says, "if you could love me looking like this, then I won't fight wanting to be with you anymore."

He probably thinks I look
like a homeless person.

"Are you kidding me? You look absolutely stunning," my eyes trail back down to her chest, and Delilah notices, because she crosses her arms.

I turn my face to a pout and look to her face, and she giggles.

The sound of her laugh is so amazing.

She walks over to her bed and gets in it, pulling the covers back for me to join. I take my shoes off and then strip my shirt.

Her eyes instantly trail down my stomach.

Fuck me, he's perfect.

I laugh and walk closer to the bed and get in. I turn to face her as she is already facing me. I look into her eyes and they are looking into mine.

Please never leave me.
I'll trust you, just don't leave me please.

Her words make me sad yet happy at the same time.

"What you thinking about?" I ask.

"About how I only just met you today but I never want you to leave," she answered honestly.

I decide it's time to tell her. I can't hold it back anymore.

"That's because we are meant to be together....We are mates,"

Her face looks confused as she talks. "Mates? What's that?"

I sigh, and turn to look at the ceiling. She moves closer to me, and leans up, placing her hands on my bare chest. I ignore the electricity shooting throughout, making my entire body warm.

"Hey, it's alright. Just tell me," she urged.

"Your gonna think I'm crazy," I say, "or you won't believe me."

She shakes her head, and pleads me with her eyes.

"Well, we are mates, meaning that no matter who we meet or have ever met, it's us that's gonna be together. We were designed for each other. Before I saw you in the hall yesterday, I sensed your presence. It was something telling me to turn around, and once I did and I saw you, everyone else in that packed hallway disappeared. I thought it would take much longer for the bond to start up, but I could not stay away from you. It hurts me to be away." I pause and looked up at her, as she was listening intently.

"I'm a - -uh." My cheeks are burning red , it's much harder for me to talk about this then I thought.

I feel Delilah's smooth hand come up and caress my face.

I look straight into her eyes, willing her to except me.

"I'm a demon."