-4-

We walk in the theater and there's a guy in the line behind Alicia. I walk up to her and he says , "Hey."

"Oh, I'm sorry, this is my friend, I wasn't trying to jump the line or anything," I say nervously.

"Oh, no problem, just saying hey. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are," he replied.

I blushed and took a good look at him and he was really attractive as well.

"T-thank you. Your beautiful, too," I say with a smile.

He started to laugh and then I realised I just called this man beautiful.

"I- I mean not beautiful. I mean you are beautiful, your a beautiful man, but I meant you- -" my words weren't cooperating.

This just seemed to make him laugh even harder. He smiled at me and I blushed so hard.

"So what movie are you gonna see?" He asked.

"Not sure, to be honest. Something child friendly for the little one," I said with a nervous laugh.

This was the first time he seemed to notice Tara, who was preoccupied with my phone.

"Yours?" he asked.

"Basically. My lil sis, I'm the only mommy she knows though, isn't that right," I said as I tickled her belly.

She howled with laughter and screamed, "Mommy tickle. No hazme cosquillas,"

"English," I tell her.

She whined and reached for my phone I took from her hands. Eventually I gave in and handed it back.

"Learning Spanish? Very impressive," says the guy with a grin.

"Great skills. I bet she will be as fluent as me soon," I say while adding a kiss on her head.

"I'm Ray ," he says with a smile, holding out his hand.

"Delilah," I say back, extending my hand.

"Well, Delilah, I would like to have someone to know in this little town. Just passing through for the summer. Then off to college." He says

"Really? What college are you planning on going to?" I asked curiously.

"Berkeley, in California," he said proudly.

Oh. My. God. That's where I'm going!! Should I play it cool or just...

"No shit, huh? That's where I'm going as well," I say with a stunned laugh.

I looked into Ray's face. His deep brown eyes and light brown hair we're, kinda, adorable.

"Lemme pay for y'all's movie. I'd like to spend more time with you," he says with an innocent smile.

"Oh, no, I couldn't. I'm sure you wouldn't like to watch a kids movie," I reply.

"Nonsense," and with that, he stepped forward and around Alicia, and smiled back at me.

"4 tickets to a child's movie please," he asked the lady.

"$31.76," said the receptionist, obviously not amused.

Alicia turned around and mouthed, What the freak ? I laugh to myself and just shrug.

After Ray paid for the tickets, he also tried to buy the snacks, but I put my foot down there.

"2 large popcorns, 1 small popcorn, 3 large cokes, 1 juice, and just some random candy, whatever you touch first is fine," I tell the guy at the snack bar.

"Someone must have an appatite," he teased.

I just smiled, and waiting for him go ring everything up and handed over the money. I'm gonna have to stop spending money for the time being, gotta save up for the apartment in California.

I walk back to the waiting area with popcorn and snacks towering in my hands. To my surprise I see Ray with Tara in his arms, and he throws her in the air. I'm starting to get really nervous but I hear Tara's laughter from across the room, so I relax a little. Once I finally close the distance, I pass everyone their popcorn and drink and take Tara's hand in my own. We walk to the girl ready to punch our tickets, and then look for room B3.