-13-

I was having trouble falling asleep. My nerves were all over the place.

Tara was fast asleep and I didn't want to wake her, but I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to finish organizing my room.

I was almost done when a light knocking came from the door.

I looked down at my phone, and it read 1:12 am.

Who in the world would be knocking at someone's door at this time. I contemplated on whether I should pretend to be asleep or not, but the tapping came again.

I opened the door to see Ray standing there.

"Hey, what are you doing awake?" I asked him.

"I was kinda just nervous about tomorrow. I couldn't sleep." He said sheepishly.

"Come on in, just shhhh," I said with a smile.

Ray walked in my room and waited for me to close the door. He looked down in Tara's crib and smiled. Then he sat in the desk chair.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm great, yeah." I said. "Who was that girl you were with earlier? She a friend?" I asked.

He chuckled. "What were you, stalking me?" He teased.

"Oh, definitely. I had to make positivity sure you didn't look like a loser."

We both laughed for a few moments, and just looked at each other.

"Thank you for being such a great friend. Your honestly, like, a best friend to me, in ways Licia wasn't." I smiled at the memories we made over the last few months.

Ray looked to the ground , and back up to me. "I kinda actually wanted to be a little more than friends." He said nervously.

I cringed. "Ray I-" he cut me off.

"It's alright, we don't have to talk about this right now, or not ever if you don't like. Just, I want you to always know I'm gonna be here for you. I think I've already proved that these past few months."

I opened my arms, signalling for a hug. "I love you, you know this," I told him.

"I love you, too." He replied.

"I was actually just thinking how lonely I would be sleeping alone, so...wanna stay over? It'll probably help both of our nerves."

He smiled then nodded.

"Sure Delilah Daniella Jones."

"Thank you Ray Lee Hunter."

We both laid down, and drifted quickly to sleep in each other's arms.

My alarm awoke me from my dreamless sleep. My first class started at 8, which was in 30 minutes. I moaned, exhausted.

I shook Ray, implying for him to turn the alarm off.

"Mhmmm," he groaned.

"Ray get uppp," I whined.

I pushed him to the floor so he would get up quicker. The next thing I know was I was getting dragged by the legs out of the bed.

"You wanna push me out of the bed, huh," he chucked. He started tickling me and I was laughing so hard.

"P-please stop," I said in between breathes.

He finally stopped and looked at me, and smiled.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Want me to watch Tara while your in your first class?" He asked. I nodded.

Me and Ray's schedule worked out perfectly. While I was in my first class he had no class and while he was in his first, I had a break. Then we had third and fourth classes together. Then the last two, we had separately.

"Don't wake her up until she's ready, or she will be a beast," i warned.

"I know I know. Hurry up and get ready already."

I got and debated what to wear.

"Help," I pleaded.

Ray got up from the floor and went to my drawers. Picked out a blue plaid skirt and a matching cardigan. I squealed with excitement.

I quickly got dressed and hugged Ray

I quickly got dressed and hugged Ray. "Wish me luck," I said. And with that I was out the door.