-49-

Zac PoV

I lay awake hours after Delilah passed out. My brain just wouldn't let me relax.

I was nervous. So very nervous.

I sighed aloud and just closed my eyes. I didn't want to pressure Delilah anymore. After the conversation we had earlier, i know of her plans, but I honestly don't think they will work.

Satan will probably laugh in her face when she gives him her plan.

Just thinking about that frustrated me.  I had so much negativity inside of my body right now that it was crazy.

I sighed again. I turned to face Delilah. She was beautiful. And I just wanted to hear her voice. Maybe that would help me sleep.

But I didn't want to wake her, she was so stressed as it was. I slipped my arm around her waist and put my nose into her neck, just inhaling her scent.

It was a drug, a calming one.

I kept my eyes closed for another five minutes. Then the five minutes turned to 30. Then the thirty turned to two hours. Then those two hours turned into me still being awake when Delilah got up for the day.

I was exhausted.

Delilah quietly got out of the bed and went into the bathroom. I was cold without her near. I felt broken and empty. I just missed her even though she was only 20 feet away.

When she came back I pretended to still be asleep. She layed down next to me and I rolled over toward her again. She wrapped her hands around my back and started rubbing it.

Yes! My plan worked.

"I can hear your thoughts, I know your not sleeping." Delilah whispered.

I didn't reply, keeping up the act. She kissed the top of my head and kept caressing me.

After about 10 minutes of this affection, I finally fell asleep.
____________________________
Delilah PoV
Watching Zac sleep, I let my mind wander.

I was thinking about having to talk to Satan today. I'm not an idiot, he would probably all together reject my proposal, but that didn't stop me from having hope.

I wasn't ready to lead the life style these demons do. I'm new to this entire world, I just wish Zac hadn't rushed us down here so quickly.

I rubbed soothing circles into his back, listening to the steady beating of his heart. He was asleep. I tried to drift back as well but I couldn't.

I closed my eyes and tried my best to mind link my father, although I doubted it would work. I was impatient, not being able to wait until later to have this discussion.

What is it, girl?

His voice clouded my head, dripping with annoyance. I jumped a little, causing Zac to shift.

I have a proposal that I am begging you
to consider.

What is it?

He was curious, his tone changing drastically.

Erm, well. I will become the ruler...

He cut me off before I had time to finish.

Excellent, preparations will commence immediately. You have a lot of training to go through and-

This time it was I who was the interpreter.

You didn't let me finish. I will become the ruler...if you give me a little time to go out and do what I've never been able to before. I'm still young. Only 18, not hundreds or thousands like most here. Please, sir ....

I added that word solely in hopes he would agree due to my politeness ....

Please agree to this.

And why should I, Delilah? Why couldn't I just announce you as fallen right now?

I racked my brain looking for an answer, but didn't find one.

So you won't have to be the ruler for another few hundred years. I give you my word that I will be back in a years time to take my place.

I was holding on to my last shred of hope, patiently waiting for his response.

Thirty agonizingly slow minutes passed before I received an answer.

You have 6 months, you take this offer because there won't be another.

I was stunned. Although it was not what I had hoped for, it was something, and I grasped on to that something like a life line.

It took a few moments until the realization finally truly hit me. I had time.

I jumped up, waking Zac in the process.

"Huh? What? What's wrong neonata?" he asked groggily.

I was jumping up and down excitedly, too elated by this news not to celebrate in some form.

Coming down from my high, I bound back to the bed, sitting on top of my heartbreakingly handsome mate, holding my breath to add further suspense.

"6 months. We have 6 months to go and do what we would like and explore the world the way we would like. What do you say?" I looked at him through my lashes, staying as calm as I could.

Zac was silent for a moment before his eyes widened. "You mindlinked him? I didn't know anyone could mindlink Satan." He looked off into space, his brow furrowing.

"Can we please go Zac? I want to feel grass between my toes and the air flowing around me. I miss the sun and the moon. I miss the smells and the sounds. We have 6 months and I don't want to waste another second being here," I was out of breath as I finished.

Zac looked at me incredulously, no doubt still asleep in his mind. Eventually he nodded.

I snapped my fingers and we were back in our bed in our little cozy home.

How did I do that?

Zac looked around and looked at me with a mixture of awe and confusion.

I didn't waste another minute. I jumped on him and we made love for hours on end.

My very favorite form of celebration :).