018

➶ melt with you – modern english ➶

after the events inside the record shop, it made y/n in mind that not let robin and richie have an interaction ever again, especially how richie acted earlier. she and richie are now at finders keepers, it is a thrift store that y/n secretly goes to whenever she could sneak past her mom in the living room. it mostly contains of old cool clothes, books, and any thing that were not useful to the former owners. 

and she liked coming back there because she thought that the owner was the only sane adult that she could talk to – aside from her father, derry's people are either neglectful, a piece of shit, or religious – and when i say religious, it means they are too conservative, reciting bible verses anytime when they open their mouths when they saw something that was against their bible, or homophobic. only a handful of people are sane in this town. but there's this musical instrument that also kept her coming back from there too, and y/n's mother would not like it to have it in their house because she thought it was too loud. it was a red and black gibson sonex guitar that she fancy so much, she would check on it almost everyday after school – to see if it was already sold because she was still saving up for it. mr. lowe was too kind enough to let her practice on it because he said that playing the guitar would still keep the quality of it.

richie was looking at y/n while she was searching through a rack of clothes that are colorful as his, he tilt his head to try and see it clearly. "just tell me what are you looking for, love." he sniffed, the atmosphere smelled kind of awful but sort of addicting. it was mixed up with old books, probably unwashed clothes, and more.

"i'm trying to look for some hawaiian shirts just like yours and i'm– hey mr. lowe." she looked at the owner. 

"yes, dear?"

"do you sell any hawaiian shirts?"

mr. lowe does this face where he was trying to think about it. "sorry kid. i already got the newest boxes of clothes and i didn't see any."

y/n nodded and said thank you.

"you could have just told me you wanted those too, i have lots of it. if you don't mind you could strip off and try this one i'm wearing right–"

"beep beep, richie." she flicked his forehead. she decided to pay a visit to the guitar so she dragged richie's arm and walk towards it. she grabbed it from the strand and put the strap on her shoulders and faces him. "isn't she pretty?"

"yeah, doll. and it looks like she was made for you." he grinned at the girl in front of him. "can you play?" he asks and pushed up his glasses further to his nose, he reached up to the paper bag of vinyl that y/n was holding to move her hands more freely.

"i've been practicing sweet child o' mine on my piano and i think i could play it by my ears with the guitar because as you can see, piano's and guitar's notes–" richie cut off her rambling.

"okay, nerd. i'm not familiar with those could you please stop–"

y/n cut him off to by raising her middle finger at him. richie stifled a laugh and gesture his hands to make her start. she inhaled deep breath and pressed her left finger to the string and synchronizing it with her right creating a familiar tune of the guns n' roses' famous song. she go on with the intro, verses, but not the chorus because she was still not familiar with it.