005

➶ everywhere – fleetwood mac ➶

the losers were scattered around the clubhouse with heavy hearts, already looking lost as they were bored to death since they arrived. they stayed at bill's lawn for a while right after he and his family left, drying out the tears in their eyes before relocating to the barrens, hopefully to make themselves feel a little better. but it just made it worse because of seeing bill's things that he left messily scattered on a makeshift bookshelf.

y/n and richie were swinging side to side on the hammock because y/n was pushing her foot on the floor, while studying the look on each and every one's faces.

ben is bopping his head from the beat coming out from his boombox, chin resting on his palms and waiting for richie to tell him which cassette tape he should put in next. mike was trying to amuse himself in the swings. eddie is sitting on a tree stump, tapping his foot while his lips are pursed. stanley has his back facing y/n with a book on his hand, it was something about birds of course but y/n's pretty sure he wasn't reading because he's been on a certain page for a while now.

y/n gulped, thinking of something to say at first then spoke, "do you guys wanna do something?"

the losers perked their heads up to her voice, it's like they were waiting for someone to say something—dying for someone to say something—because it was always bill who initiates what they would do in a day. he was their 'go-to' person if they don't know what they wanted to do. they were always looking up at him, waiting for him to lead the group for safe adventures.

the losers grunt as a response of saying 'yes'.

"i don't know. . . like let's play a board game or something like–like—monopoly!" she added, she turns to her side in the hammock, fully facing the losers. her eyes drifted to the stack of boxes on one of bill's things, particularly to the one with large bold letters of "operation" that he bought in mr. lowe's shop for y/n to enjoy—because he thought that she would like it because it's funny.

"as long as stan's not playing, i'll join." mike said.

"what?" stanley closed his book, looking at mike in an offended way but jokingly. "it's not our fault that we're good with money, mike."

the losers burst out of laughter. stan's right, it was a challenge for y/n—and all of the losers—to beat stanley. it was like he owned the game.

then the losers went quiet again after the laughter died down.

"i think i saw a play having a rerun in aladdin. you guys wanna watch that?" y/n tried to start again. as if she was trying to turn on a stove with an empty gas.

"which play is it?" richie mumbles on the pillow they were resting their heads with.

"it's stephen sondheim's 'sunday in the park with george', rich—"

richie sat up abruptly, as if he got caught doing something obscene, but he was just excited. "george?" richie whispered in her ear but loud enough for the losers to hear. "helloooo, george? there is someone in this dress!" he sang, doing dot's accent.

"no, we don't want to! because he always does this!" mike shakes his head while pertaining to richie's impersonation of dot.