001

99 LUFTBALLOONS - NENA •

(y/n) stared at herself in her own big mirror that her mom provided for her.

she sighed deeply.

she wanted to her real self even for just one whole day.

instead of wearing a pink floral dress that her mother wanted her to wear.

she knows that against the rules that were given by her mom.

she's wearing her (favourite 80s rock band) shirt that her dad gave to her since her dad understands what she wanted, black ripped jeans, red and black flannel and her old white low cut converse.

she's not wearing any makeup that her mom gave to her, and even if she's not wearing makeup everyone will still say she's pretty.

she smiled happily because she feels more comfortable with what she's wearing and tomorrow was the last day of school and this day was the very first day she's wearing pants instead of dresses.

"you need to be decent"

"stay perfect, honey."

those words from her mother rang inside her head. she shrugs it off and she quietly goes out from her room to go to school, she doesn't want to be caught that she's not wearing what her mother wants her to wear.

she sneakily goes to the kitchen. no ones there. she sighs in relief and grabs some foods and put it in the ziplock bag for her to eat on the road or before school.

she quickly grabs the skateboard that was given to her as a christmas present and she doesn't even know who gave it to her because it's inside her locker. it just says 'To: (y/n) from: HAHAHA'. AND HER MOM DIDN'T LET HER SKATEBOARD USE IT but she sneakily goes outside and let Henry teach her. she was about to go outside the house but someones stopped her. she already knew who it is.

and she knows she's doomed.

"(y/n)! what are you wearing?!"

"Oh! hi mom! i'm wearing my clothes" she replied to her mother with a sarcasm.

'oh, no' she thought.

"did you ju--"

"what's going on here?!" she hears her dad as he goes downstairs and sees them talking. She sighs in relief. 'thanks, dad' she mentally said.

"look what she's wearing! she looks ridiculous. since when did she know how to skate? give me that! i'll throw it to the garbage. girls need to be decent, not-"

"there's nothing wrong with what she's wearing. look honey. i know you want her to look perfect but just let her be her okay?" dad said quoting the word perfect.

"okay, whatever." (your mom's name) smiled. she kissed her forehead. she was about happily to close the door but then she heard what she didn't want to hear again from her mom. her smile dropped.

"stay perfect!"

"she's an asshole" (y/n) muttered, the half of it she means it with passion but she's a soft-hearted person, she felt guilty.

she took her walkman and tanto headphones from her bag. The song started, playing somewhere in neverland by all time low (a/n just pretend that ATL exists that time) and she started skating to her school and some people giving her weird looks because they haven't seen (y/n) wearing pants. not wearing makeup.

not wearing a dress.

just a band shirt.

A ROCK BAND.

they thought she was listening to some calming songs or some girly shit, not rock bands because they always heard the piano playing inside her house.

and by the look on their faces, you can tell that they were really shocked.