022

girls just wanna have fun – cindy lauper

[ trigger warning: mentions of suicide ]

"you two are fucking insane!" richie yelled out, riding pass at y/n and beverly as the girls stop to y/n's house.

the two giggled when richie was out of sight, parking their bikes inside the garage. y/n did something mischievous to her "friends" when she saw the three girls crossing the street with slushies in their hands. y/n and beverly only look at each other when they saw the girls and they already know what to do. they scared them by "nearly" running over them, making rhian spill her drink on her new top.

"that's for making fun of what i eat and my friends this morning, assholes!" y/n turn her head as she watches happily how the girls look defeated, after giving them a middle finger.

y/n stumbles forward when she opened the front door, bev's face were flushing red as they recall what happened earlier, as they clutch into their stomachs. the volume of the television softens when y/n's father heard some footsteps on their front door.

"y/n/n is that you?" y/f/n shouts from the living room.

"yes, dad. bev's here too," y/n replied, motioning a nervous beverly to come with her to where her father is. she has never been to a house of her friends since the day she was born, the reason usually is because she wasn't always befriended by other girls in derry—due to greta and sally spreading false rumors about beverly. of course, they didn't want to be seen hanging out with a "school's slut."

"you're really surprising me this summer y/n," her dad said when they entered the room. "you always don't bring any of your friends to our house before,"

"we're going to have a sleepover to my room dad," y/n ignored what he said as she leaned down to kiss her father's cheek. beverly smiled shyly to greet her father. "you got home early, huh." she added.

mr. miller has always been around town to see what's new in derry. he's pretty famous due to him being a good writer for mixing words that creates very interesting sentence that always caught the reader's interests, especially when he works with the police with some very interesting cases. they become rich from getting y/d/n called around maine to create an article, and from y/m/n's realty company that were passed down from their generations—now that y/m/n is the first born, it was passed down to her to manage it.

"well, i thought i needed some time to take a break." y/d/n said. "i think you girls should not waste your time talking to an old man like me, you gotta start your girl's night." he ruffled y/n's hair and pushes her back, not failing to make her chuckle.

"what do you want for dinner, bev?" y/n asks as she leads the way to her bedroom.

"not feeling eating anything heavy at the moment," she answered, mesmerized as she was entering her room. bev was a little awe-struck of how y/n's room was almost the same size of their living room and her room combined.

their heads perked up to the noise that came from y/n's telephone. y/n rushed to her nightstand, and sat on her bed. "you can put your bag on top of my table," y/n said, pointing across the room before answering the telephone. "hi, it's y/n."

"hey, doll." it was richie on the other line.

y/n took a quick glance at beverly if she could see her blushing, fortunately the girl's her back was turned against hers as she set her things down. "hey." y/n said, not sure if greeting him with his name would not make beverly eavesdrop to their conversation.