032

fast car – tracy chapman

[ trigger warning: blood ]

beverly surprised y/n by appearing at her practice, sitting on the bleachers near the gym's exit door. she was sitting there quietly as y/n was finishing up her warm down exercises, in which camille said, their cheer captain,—yes, the unlicensed woman with a car who knock her off to the ground—was important after trainings. the cheer was doing their last practice for tomorrow's opening of first day of school orientation. they have to make a good impression of the school year before going downhill.

after y/n saw beverly by the bleachers, she didn't follow the other girls to the washroom to clean up but she ran to beverly instead, putting over derry's ugly bright orange and black varsity cardigan over her sport attire.

"hey!" y/n greeted, putting the strap of her bag on her shoulder, smiling excitedly. "i thought we were going to meet up at the clubhouse."

"i was bored, and i don't wanna wait up for you while listening to another of your boyfriend's voice impressions." beverly rolled her eyes jokingly, pulling y/n's skateboard under one of the bleachers where she hides it.

"wanna sleepover at mine later, bev?" she asks, patting the sweat on her face with a towel as they started walking outside. y/n inhaled the cool air breeze of september, cursing the suffocating air inside the gym at the same time.

"i think i'm gonna pass today," beverly smiles apologetically, hopping over her bike. "my. . . aunt's coming over."

"that's nice, at least you won't be alone with that asshole." y/n couldn't even bear to say bev's father's name. "maybe after first day?" y/n suggests, also gripping the handlebar of beverly's bike while standing on her skateboard, letting beverly to pull her away.

"i don't know, y/n. give me a time to think about it, woman." beverly jokes.

"what was your 'so-called' meeting is all about?" y/n suddenly asks out of curiosity.

"i don't want to tell it twice,"

"why?"

"i don't wanna jinx it, y/n." she answered shortly. "what's up with the questions, what are you? a kid—"

"is it about confessing your 'undying love' about bill or ben? god, jesus christ, you're so pretty that you cannot even choo—"

"it's about how you deserve me more than richie," beverly jokes exaggeratedly, turning around the corner of the street where it was now surrounded by the trees—y/n was still tagging beside beverly.

"then save me from my evil boyfriend and let's elope." stepping down from her skateboard while she dramatically said that. they could hear the voices of the losers on the other side of the trees. richie's loud voice in particular. "i mean he's not my boyfriend. . . yet—what is up, sissies!"

beverly giggles behind y/n as she rests her palm on the strap of her backpack. not even after a few seconds, their babbles started.

"the fuck are y'all doing?" y/n asks, seeing them sitting on the rocks in a circle form with richie nagging them in the middle. "performing a ritual?"