028

pictures of you – the cure

it was silent for a while before bill turn around and spoke up.

"i–i saw the well," he claimed. "wuhwuh–we know where it is. and nuh–next time we'll be prepared."

y/n scrunched her eyebrows together from his words. they were nearly killed for fuck's sake! she wasn't sure if she would still want to go with him after what she saw. could he at least let them take a break?

"no!" stanley spoke up, as if he was reading her mind or he had same thoughts as her. "no next time, bill! you're insane!"

"why?" beverly asks, "we all know no one would do anything!"

"eddie was nearly killed!" richie was clearly stressed out with bill. "and look at this motherfucker!" he gestured towards ben. "he's a leaking hamburger helper!"

"we can't pretend it's gonna go away," beverly argues. "you said it yourself, it comes back every twenty-seven years."

"fine! i'll be forty and far away from here!" ben huffed. "i thought you said you wanted to get out of derry too." he added, looking at her with his face painted in confusion.

"because i wanted to run towards something, not away!"

"i'm sorry but who invited molly ringwald to the group?" richie mocks, receiving a middle finger from the red headed girl.

"richie— " y/n tried to butt in—when she realized that beverly make sense—to calm the losers down and put them in their right minds—but their voices kept toppling over each other. "guys, bev's right. we shouldn't even fight about this because we all know that we are the only ones who even cared about stopping it. breaking up about this is stupid— "

"it's not stupid, y/n. because we can't be heroes all the time!" richie sighed, trying to make the girl understand. "y/n's drained for trying to save the others, and it's not even her job! she was just pulled into your mess, bill! you also saw that she was almost got pulled into that shitty room again to get killed, and you, of all people, should be the one who's concerned for the other losers because you've already lost someone you cared for and i don't want to lose mine too!" richie points his finger at bill. bill couldn't stutter a word.

"i mean our other friends too." his face was flushed in red. "i'm just saying, let's face facts here. georgie is dead. stop trying to get us killed too." richie tried to brush past bill, with his hand around y/n's wrists to pull her away from them. y/n was about to protest and give him a mouthful from his insensitive words towards bill privately.

"georgie's not dead." bill stopped him.

"you couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself."

"no!" bill pointed his finger at richie. "ttuh–take it back. you're scared and we all are but take it back!"

y/n's eyes widened when bill pushed richie, accidentally ripping his wrist from her hand, made him stumble backwards. richie pursed his lips together before pushing bill harder, making the taller boy angrier. before y/n could step between them, bill balled richie's shirt into a fist and threw a punch on his cheek.