025

she's like the wind – patrick swayze ft. wendy fraser

"you know, doll. i thought angels only fly, but why did i see one running on the streets yesterday morning?" richie fake-gasps.  "then you're spoiling me again with another baby houseman clothes, you're very naughty."

richie tozier greeted y/n with a pick-up line as soon as she steps a foot inside the arcade. this made the other kids inside hover their frozen fingers over the buttons and joystick, all of them went quiet aside from the sounds that the machine makes. many thought that how dare could a loser like richie would say something like that to the y/n maree miller? he couldn't even keep his mouth zipped for a second for god's sake—

"what are you gonna do about it? punish me? spank me, daddy? tell on my mom?" y/n countered, walking to an available arcade machine. this made the kids turn their heads back to the screen, relieved that it didn't made the y/n miller uncomfortable—but were taken a back a little for her choice of words.

"shit, y/n. we're just thirteen, doll. oh god." richie's face turned red, flushed from the girl's bold comeback. this was the first time richie couldn't make a quick reply from a small banter. "fuck you." he added, inserting an arcade coin and placing his clammy hand on top of the controllers.

still stunned from what the words came straight out of her mouth, he lost at the very first arcade game y/n ever had. the girl jumped up and down when she beat the so–called "king" of street fighter on her game.

"holy shit, you sucked." y/n giggled.

"no i didn't. you were distracting me from what you said was your evil plan to make me lose, toots." richie huffed. "i call bullshit!"

"it was a fair game, richie. you can't call bullshit, hon." y/n taunts back.

"alright, i lost." richie sighed in defeat. "you won, which means you'll be getting a victory kiss from me then?"

y/n shoved his head back with her hand, her palms touching his puckered wet lips. wiping her hand to her shorts, she turned her attention back to the arcade game. y/n's gaze went back to the curly head boy, clearly wasn't amused how his kiss was rejected and lost the game.

"hey," y/n's mouth twitches into a smile. "i'll let you win this round."

"you just got lucky on your first try, doll face." richie huffed, getting ready to be competitive. before pushing another coin into the hole, he could sense someone's eyes on them. eyes narrowed, he turned around to look for the culprit, wandering his eyes around the room. ah, there he was, richie scoffed in his mind.

there stood, the "paul mccartney" of derry by the door, staring hopelessly at the girl of his dreams with a half–finished cola on his hand. it looks like he just got out from the aladdin because there's yellow–orange crumbs of—what richie guess as he glares at the poor boy—cheese popcorn on the corner of his lips.

"hey, you said unlimited arcade games for me." y/n said, raising an eyebrow at richie, eager to start another game. noticing he was looking behind her, she was about to turn around but richie put both of his hands on her shoulders, stopping her. "what— "

"just realized this would look good on you," he cut her off, pulling his favorite hawaiian off over his navy–blue shirt. it was the baby blue one with printed bright pink flamingos and scattered palm trees.

richie wasn't aware of how y/n's cheeks went red as he touched her arm and helped her put his clothe over. it does something to y/n's stomach as he did so.

"i don't eat butterflies," y/n mumbles to herself.

"what was that?"

"i didn't say anything. you're probably just jacked in your head for hearing things." she let out a nervous laugh. swallowing, she turns her attention to the hawaiian shirt that she's now wearing. it covered y/n's forearm, ending just right before her elbows. using her thumb and pointing finger, she caresses the soft cotton fabric. "thanks," she said, softly.

"you wore it better than the original owner, how dare you?" richie acted like someone shot him in his heart comically, he even stumbled backward.

"you're overly dramatic," y/n snorts. "it's kinda hot though."

"yeah, you're hot."

"i meant i'm wearing this outfit because it's unbelievably hot today and you're making me top it with your hawaiian— "

"well i don't want those dudes looking at you looking this hot."

richie did a cheeky smile at her before finally inserting an arcade coin, he didn't even realize he forgotten the reason why he gave his shirt to y/n as robin is already gone to the main door exit of the aladdin.

➶➶➶

"what's that?"

"what's what?"

y/n pointed over the rolled thick blankets on top of the poorly made shelf. there were a lot of things that the losers added since she was gone for the weekend. there are new posters on the wall, ben's boombox that he brought in the quarry is on top of a tree stump, a bunch of comics on top of a makeshift bed.

"it's a sleeping bag, toots." richie went over to it, jumping to attempt to reach one. "i brought one for you."

"you don't have to get it, richie." y/n chuckles as he hops funnily, sitting on the hammock and leaning her back on it, swinging her legs in the air. "jesus, you're too small to reach for one." she teased.

"watch me get taller than the other losers next year," he challenged. "bet you, i'll be taller than the rest of you."

"deal then," y/n raised her hand. "we'll see in next two years."

"deal." richie shake her hand. "you'll kiss me by then if i prove it." he added, smirking. richie's very confident about it, shotting up like a tree during puberty runs in his family's blood.

"you've got yourself a deal then." she agrees, not knowing what she just entered.

richie gave up, grabbing a comic book before joining y/n on the opposite side of the hammock, dangling his feet on the floor. y/n shrieked when he suddenly pushes his foot to make it swing, gripping her hand tight on the fabric of richie's denim pants.

"why were you gone all day for the weekend?" richie asks, flipping through the pages of the book.

"mom wanted me to be physically fit for next school year," y/n sighs, looking over to the movie and band posters. "she wanted me to join cheerleading, and she told me that i should aim to be the youngest captain position of the squad in derry's history or something."

"well, i guess i'll see you wearing short skirts up in the air next school year." richie smirked, leaning his head further to the hammock. "that sounds nice ow— "

~

did you guys know what i just realized? i started this book in 2018 and after three years i still haven't finished it.