epilogue

time of the season – the zombies

[ trigger warning : read my comment. cuz it's like a major spoiler if i put it here. if you wanna be spoiled then read it. ]

"hey ben? about going to bev's apartment. . ." y/n drifts off. "is it okay if we raincheck?"

"i could go alone, it's alright—"

"no, no, no!" y/n cuts him off, her brows furrowed together. "you can't. if her dad sees you, you're—" y/n looks behind her, watching at the door if someone would pass by. "—fucking dead. bev's dad's fucked in the head. he'd rip any balls of the boys he'd see hanging out with beverly."

"jeez don't scare me like that." ben shivers.

"how about tomorrow morning before school?"

"seems fine to me." ben answers. "see you tomorrow then."

"yeah, bye ben!" y/n hangs up.

y/n went over to her vanity table, sitting down in front of the mirror. she folded a white clean scarf into a triangle and put it over her head, she started to fiddle with the ends on the nape of her neck as she started to think of beverly.

if it wasn't for pennywise and beverly didn't have that awful kind of father, maybe y/n wouldn't worry about her this much. she was so down after the cheer they did before the first day of school orientation at the gym. the both of them were supposed to meet up. the losers club was almost complete when y/n hung out with her new group of friends, only beverly and mike weren't there. mike's still homeschooled.

the sound of her telephone made her drift off of her thoughts again. y/n hurriedly rush towards her nightstand and answered immediately.

"beverly?"

"i'm sorry for not living up to your expectations but it's just me." richie answered on the other line. "your darling richie."

"hey, trashmouth!" y/n greeted. "you called. . .?"

"just wanna hear what happened at bev's place?"

"we cancelled." y/n sighs, slumping down on her mattress.

"want me to come over?" richie asks softly.

"i forgot i've got something to do. there's this reunion every year with my dad, he's always my date since mother's always busy when it comes to reunion. i had to substitute for her since i'm practically her 'mini me'"

"that sounds cool! but also sucks. it must've been fun to socialize with old people around you." richie said. "what time are you leaving?"

"around. . . five minutes." y/n answered.

"okay then. bye!" richie hung up straightaway.

"what the fuck." y/n whispers to herself chuckles right after. she went over to her full-sized mirror and looking for any wrinkled parts of her white cigarette pants.