001

bohemian rhapsody – queen

[ trigger warning: homophobic slurs, alcohol ]

spring of 1991

"we're not finished, young lady. we're going to talk about this tomorrow mor—"

y/n fought the urge to scream back at her mother, but instead, she didn't listen to a word y/m/n's shouting downstairs and she slams her bedroom door gently. 

then, turns around to raise her middle finger at her door. indirectly flipping off her mother.

she threw her bright orange pompoms across the room in such force, huffing out a breath right after.

she just got home with her mother from jade of the orient, the new restaurant in derry, after having dinner with the spence family right after the football game. y/n's supposedly sneaking out of her room an hour ago to go at the party with the team, not having a quality time with her awful mother.

well, it's kind of y/n's fault actually.

derry won in finals against neibolt street church school in football, and it seems like they also won against them in cheerleading when derry brought out their secret weapon—although they weren't in regionals. it was y/n on top of the pyramid doing a bow and arrow stunt, which was very hard to do for a flyer especially when you're just new. and right after their successful performance, she immediately sprints towards the losers, who were watching her by the bleachers and supporting her, and wrap her arms around richie's neck.

richie didn't mind the sweat coming from y/n as he lift her off the ground to squeeze her in his arms, while whispering in her ear that she did a great job up doing her stunts up in the air, and that she did a great job for making his 'dick erect'. right after they pulled away, y/n got a peck on her forehead before greeting the losers by giving them hugs but she didn't notice that her mother was striding towards them and y/m/n suddenly tugs her away from them with a tight grip on her arm. y/n didn't get a chance to say a goodbye and thank them properly for coming.

y/n opens her closet and rummage through her clothes, she wasn't meticulously picking out clothes for her to wear as long as she wore richie's hawaiian. it was just a plain black tank top, shorts, and richie's hawaiian. right after she threw her clothes on her bed, y/n immediately strip off her cheer leading uniform, messily throwing it along with her laundry, and put on what she picked.

y/n was just about to tie her shoe, her telephone rang, startling her. she answered right away so that y/m/n wouldn't be so suspicious. but she looks like she poured herself a glass of wine already because she could hear a record faintly playing downstairs.

"are you ready, yet?" rhian asks on the other line.

y/n put the telephone between her ear and shoulders before diving down under her bed pushing the guitar away and pulling out her skateboard. "i'll be there in a minute, just let me fucking tie my shoe." y/n sat down again on the mattress.

"girl, what's with the attitude?"

"oh, you fucking know why, rhian." y/n hang up, standing up to play something in her vinyl, to pretend to her mother that she was just having an alone time with herself, thinking about what she did, and she turns off her light.