024

glory days – bruce springsteen

"get up, y/n!"

the door swung open, rather too loudly in the morning, from y/n's room. there stood y/m/n, hair still disheveled from just waking up from her sleep, and she just probably throw her cardigan over her arms as soon she stands up from their bed.

y/n furrowed her brows when she thought she was just hearing her mom's voice from her dreams, so, she didn't mind it and hugs her body-pillow tighter against her chest.

y/m/n scoffed, shaking her head as she clicks her tongue. she marched towards y/n's bed, her hands found its way to the girl's thin blanket over her, ripping it off her body.

"up, y/n." y/m/n's voice boomed in the room, making y/n jerk on her bed, her back shocked against the bed's headboard. "did you hear what i said? get up." she added, walking to her closet, opening the wooden white door harshly.

"i'm up, mom. is there anything— "

her mother cut her off when she throws some clothes on her bed. the girl's nike jacket, tank top, and running shorts laid on top of the sheets. y/n looks up to her mom, her mouth gaped open in disbelief.

"what?"

"you've been misbehaving since the summer started, y/n." y/m/n said, closing her cardigan. "you're going to run up to the spence's house and back here. two lapses." without another word, she started to walk away.

y/n huffed at her mother's words. rhian's house were like eight blocks away from theirs and as she thought about it, she could feel her skull pulsing from the sudden voice of y/m/n early in the morning. y/n stomps her way to her bathroom, with the clothes on her hands. she hurriedly strips off her night clothes, muttering a few words under her breath as she changes. she wakes herself up completely by splashing cold water on her face after she brushes her teeth.

her fingers made its way to her tangled hair, running it through her strands to comb it, she walks out to her bathroom and looks for her running shoes. y/n puts on her foot socks on both of her feet, and leaned down to reach for her shoes, also putting it on.

she opened her nightstand's drawer, rummaging through her things for her timex watch, walkman, and sony headphones. y/n clipped her walkman to her waist just like how eddie would with his fanny pack, and let her headphones lazily draped on her neck.

y/n rushed down the stairs with light footsteps as what her mother said, tying her hair up with the tie on her nightstand as she walks to the kitchen, a sliced wheat bread was placed on the table with a freshly made disgusting protein smoothie.

she sat down on the chair, taking a bite of the bread. y/n's head popped to the living room, trying to see if where her mother was. she saw her sitting on the couch, punching numbers on the telephone.

y/n rolled her eyes as she grabs for the tall glass of her drink. she studied the green liquid for a while, guessing what ingredients did her mother shoved in the blender. y/n gagged when she took a sniff. there's probably spinach in here, she thought.

"hurry and eat up, y/n."

y/n jumped when she heard her mother's voice behind her.