023

love in vain – robert johnson

y/n woke up with her face sheened from the thin sweat from the sun's summer heat, clutching the pillow in her arms. she groans as she removes the blanket off of her body, seeing beverly sleeping on her back looking uncomfortable because of the hair rollers on her hair that she used as her pillow, her face facing the window. y/n look at her clock on her nightstand, it's quarter past eight but this morning's heat was so much hotter than the other past few days. since it's a friday, she thought that her mother is out early to take care some papers.

the y/h/c haired girl quietly slips off her bed, eyes were still droopy from staying up late. she lazily opens her mirror's door to get her toothbrush and toothpaste, she squeezed the bottle to the right amount she needed. her hair was a little messed up with the hair rollers for moving too much in her sleep, and a sticky circle of toothpaste over her acne, which she read in the magazine that it was a secret ingredient to reduce the largeness of a zit. they thought it's worth a try.

she did her morning routine quietly to not wake up beverly from her sleep, but then, startled her awake from a loud rang of the telephone. y/n mentally curse the person whoever it is.

y/n heard beverly answer it as she taps her face with the face towel before yelling, "y/n, it's your boyfriend!"

y/n blushed hearing it, putting back the cloth back to its place before going back to her room, to be greeted by a smug look from beverly. she took the phone from her hand, putting it on her ear.

"okay, what?"

"jeez, sweetcheeks. are you really that grumpy every morning?" richie asks on the other line, y/n's pretty sure he was grinning. "we're going to the clubhouse around . . . ten, i think. can i at least join a girl's bike ride to the clubhouse?"

"i'm sick of seeing your face, richie, maybe we'll include you. . . never." y/n jokes.

➶➶➶

y/n finished hanging up the last poster on the wall of the clubhouse with beverly's help. the both of them arrived early to set up a few things to use to make the clubhouse a little safe and clean. her eyes landed on the hammock they've put in earlier when she's patting some dust off her shorts and legs.

"i'm just gonna take a nap for a bit, bev." y/n yawns, sitting down carefully on it. "wake me up when they're here."

beverly nods before turning back to the book that y/n let her borrow. "i don't think i need to when richie got here and started to open his mouth."

y/n laughs in response as she removes her shoes and plop down slowly in the hammock, laying down on her back. she used her hands as a pillow before closing her eyes for a quick nap.

the other losers arrive shortly after fifteen minutes y/n started dozing off the hammock. surprisingly, y/n didn't wake up from a particular member of the group that has a motormouth when as soon as he moves his lips, came inside.

richie stops on his tracks when he saw the girl sleeping peacefully on the hammock. he slaps the nape of eddie's neck for talking too loudly, pressing his pointing finger on his lips.