002

jessie's girl – rick springfield

[ sorry for the long wait. . . i was preparing myself for red (taylor's version)

richie paced back and forth in his room right after he got home up until it's past two midnight, anxiously waiting for her to call him in his telephone with his own like just like y/n's—the present he always wanted from his parents ever since the first-time y/n called him.

he was so scared of what y/m/n might've do to her when she caught them being affectionate after the game. richie tried to busy himself by staring at very first picture of him and y/n together, sticking neatly to one of his walls, and listening to his cassette tape, faintly playing.

his leg jumped up and down as he waits for a call. why couldn't he just go to her, if you ask. he wouldn't want to answer it.

with just the first noise coming from his telephone, he immediately reaches out for and put it over his ear. "y/n/n?" he asks hopefully. richie has been trying to call her hour every hour to check up on her.

"no, it's robin!" robin yells from the other line, the music was blaring so loud. "i've been trying to call you! i thought it the last number was six. . . but it was actually five, jesus!"

"okay what do you want, paul maccartney?" richie huffed, then he plops down back on his bed. "wait. . . how'd you get my number?"

"long story short y/n's drunk, i think you might wanna come in here." robin did not answer his question, shouting. "and can you two please stop making the beatles jokes?"

"where? what do you mean? are you high for mistaking me as joh—"

richie stops. he heard an oddly familiar voice behind the phone.

". . . not even gay and yet you can't pull at least one gender, dickhead." y/n says.

"oh, shit." richie heard robin mumbles then followed by a stifled laugh, almost snorting.

"what the fuck is going on out there? was that y/n? where the fuck are you all—" richie was cut off when he heard the straight dial tone. "hello?" he tried. "hello?"

richie waits for another second before realizing robin wasn't there.

"shit!" richie slams his phone back to its place, he couldn't do anything but to muffle his scream into his pillow while tugging his hair. he didn't know the number which means he can't call him back.

then after a while the phone rang again, and once again, he immediately reached out for it.

"what the fuck happened, man?"

"i'm sorry, but some drunk dude just pressed the—"

"i don't fucking care anyway, where the hell is y/n?"

"we're at camille's house, you haven't heard of the party after the game? it's on west broadway, you have to turn left if you live in—" robin starts.

"i know where it is, i live in derry ever since i was born." richie cuts him off, a little annoyed. he thought something for a few seconds before hesitatingly ask for a for a favor, "can you keep an eye on y/n/n until i get there—"