➶ about a girl – nirvana ➶

richie walks down on his way to his house with his bike, a frown painted on his face while thinking of the earlier events in the miller's house.

"stupid richie," he sighed while he kicked some rocks on the pavement. "i should've been quiet the entire time." 

the dinner feels very long, he could feel the glare from y/n's mother while he was eating. he was really trying to be quiet the entire dinner but mr. miller has this bubbly personality while on the table. he and richie get along pretty well together because they made a few jokes from the show they had mention earlier that day and about their favorite sports game.

but why does mrs. miller despise him so much? as the conversation went on y/n's father grew to like him more but y/n's mother's disliking richie grew too.

"why do i such have to be a trashmouth?" thinking that's the reason why y/n's mother hated him so much.

but then he remembered y/n's smile the entire dinner, aside from mrs. millers glare, he could feel her soft eyes laid on his face. her attention was only drawn to his and her father, not to robin's, not to her mother's. just her favorite persons in the world.

he placed his bike in the garage and run up on their house's porch. he heard the tv's sound in their living room to see his parents laughing at the tv show. 

"hey there son, did it went well?" his mother smiled as she lowered down the volume of the tv, eager to hear her son's story. he sighed and sat down between the two of them. maggie look up to her husband with a confused look and wentworth just shrug.

"how was the dinner with ya girlfriend's parents?" his dad wiggled his eyebrows to his son who only gave him that "you look ridiculous" look. "come on, rich. we love to imitate someone and now you're not in the mood so what's wrong?"

"what's mrs. miller's deal? why does she hates me so much?" 

"you know son, when we were in highschool just like your age, she's pretty much-" maggie was cut off by the ring of their telephone. "go get it, richie. i'll tell you about it later."

richie runs for the telephone, not wanting to keep the person waiting. 

"hello, tozier's household"

"hey, richie." it was y/n. richie's lips formed into a smile.

"how'd you get my number, sweetcheeks?"

"i got it from stan's." y/n said as she fiddled with her telephone's wire in her room.

"eager to hear my voice that much, doll? we'll see each other again tomorrow if you wanna, don't miss me that much." 

"whatever, richie. i just wanna check up on you if you got home safely. bye." she doesn't let him say another word before hanging up. richie chuckled at the thought of y/n worrying about him while he lean on the hallway's wall, his face red.

on the other line, y/n was a blushing mess in her bedroom. she doesn't know why, but she feels like she's really catching feelings for the derry's trashmouth. it's not just an excitement right? she was constantly seeing richie's face when she closes her eyes, trying to sleep at night. it was pretty shocking that she's not thinking of paul mccartney anymore because it was being replaced with richie's.