thirty one

excuse all mistakes
not proofread

Devotion

*everybody doesn't like reading chapters like this, so feel free to skip it if you like. if you skip it but you wanna know what happened you can just pm me.*

D'Nyah Tashayla Mansion

Pain and Guilt.

That was all I felt as Xay, Dan, Tejay, and two other men walked infront of us with Taison's casket and Dead and Gone by T.I and Justin Timberlake played in the background.

I swear I never thought that it would end up like this. My brother, my other half, gone.

I know we not blood, but it feels like I've known him for forever. We made so many memories together, but that was all cut short, too soon.

If I knew I would have to feel this pain again, I would've prepared myself sooner. For the last past week everybody's been sad and mourning. This is the first time I came out my room since we got the news.

Like, it's all my fault really, if I wouldn't have moved to Athens from the get go then Tai would still be here, Xay wouldn't have a pending court case, Etcetera.

I'm always the cause of the people I love's deaths. I was the cause of my dad's, now Tai's.

I looked to my right and saw Raivyn being comforted by Lay, Ashante and Sai'Je attempting to comfort each other, and I even saw Nyia from a distance.

Everybody sat down as we waited for my mom to get herself together and walk up to the podium. It was a whole lotta people here to celebrate Tai's life. He was a hood favorite.

"Ahem, thank you all for coming out today to celebrate the life of Taison Latrell Gilbert. I've only known him for 2 years but he was like a son to me. And to know that he lost his life at a very young age hurts my heart so much. I know he wouldn't want any of us to cry or grieve so i'm trying to hold it together for him. A long time ago, he told me that if he died before me, he didn't want a professional funeral, he wanted everyone to take turns telling their favorite moments with him. So instead of doing it the traditional way, we're gonna do it his way. We'll start with the first row and continue from there."

I looked around and noticed that Sai'Je got up and went to the podium along with Ashante.

"You aight ?" Xay mumbled to me as I grabbed his hand. I shook my head no repeatedly and tears streamed down my face as i rocked from side to side.

"Hey y'all, i'm Sai'Je. Me and Tai go back to elementary days. Like I remember when we used to hate each other, but eventually we got close. He was a very great friend and human all around. If anyone knew Tai, then you should know that whenever you needed help or advice, he would always be there. He would never judge you. He'd always comfort you and tell you that everything would be ohk. He'd never judge you. To sum this up..." She turned towards his casket and touched it. "Taison we love you." her voice cracked.

Ashante and Raivyn went, then it was my turn.

I stood up and looked at the collage that included pictures of me, Tai, Sai'je, Ashante, Raivyn, and Xay. I looked at the video slide of all of us having fun with each other then I started crying again.