twenty two

excuse all mistakes
not proofread

Devotion

D'Nyah Tashayla Mansion

"Wake ya ass up !!" Somebody started banging at the door but i ignored it going back to sleep.

"D'Nyah and Xay wake y'all ass up !!" Another voice said making us smack our lips and get up.

I snatched the door opened and saw Lay and Raivyn standing there. "Why is y'all up so early ?" I stretched.

"Bitch it ain't early it's 2:30. Anyways, you and Xay needa get up cus we all going to the mall and then we going to Carowinds so pack ya bags and shit. Bring a swimsuit, some lotion allat shit and hurry up cus we leaving at 4:30." Lay said as they walked away.

"What they wanted ?" Xay walked out the bathroom brushing his teeth.

"Everybody going to the mall and then we going to Carowinds. We leaving at 3:30." I walked in the bathroom and started brushing my teeth as well.

Once I was done I walked back into the room. I thought long and hard about what I was finna do but it was now or never.

I took a deep breath and sat on the bed. "So, I uh- I gotta tell you some." I played with my fingers making Xay stop was he was doing and sit down. "Wassup ?"

"Alright, these are my confessions." I started singing then I laughed but then stopped since Xay din find it funny.

"Okay seriously, before I moved to Athens as you know, I stayed up here. I hadda boyfriend and his name was Sy'Air. We was together for 3 1/2 years and we broke up because I moved. I really loved him forreal. We din really break up but we did. Before I left, promised each other that whenever I came back it was gonna be like I never left right." I looked over at Xay.

"Keep going foe I jump to conclusions."

"Okay and obviously things aren't gonna be the way it was when I left because you are my boyfriend who I adore sooo much. And so Yesterday when you was sleep my cousin Lay came in here and told me to meet her outside. So I went out there and he was out there and out of instinct I ran up and hugged him. I'm not finna sit here and lie and say that feelings din come back but they never left, they just weren't on my mind." It was silent and I got scared so I swallowed air waiting for him to answer.

"So, when you came back in here and I asked why you smelt like a nigga and you said ya grandad, you lied ?" He chuckled a little.

"Yes and you have every right to-"

"Why you just din tell the truth ? You should know by now that i'm big on telling the truth and shit. Scratch that, why you even waited until now to tell me any of this shit ? Throughout the whole time we been talking and dating you ain't mention shit bout no nigga but your dad and one of your cousins so why wait until after you had a run in with the nigga ?" he scrunched his face up.

"Because I thought you was gon be ma-"

"Why would I be mad about a nigga that's in the past ? Fuck that got to do with me ? I mean i'm mad now because you wait until now to tell me any of this and on top of that, you lied bout the shit ? Preshacha for telling me but that don't make the fact that you lied okay."