Chapter 15: Slow down

"W-What did you just say" Danielle stutters quickly turning, eyes wide towards Kaylee. She had her left hand on the steering wheel while the other was holding Danielle hand tightly. Danielle could feel the palm of her hands begin to get sweaty, she feared that Kaylee could see that she was nervous. She saw Kaylee smile more widely and turned towards Danielle.

"I said I love you Danielle" Kaylee said once more in the most genuine and sweetest voice she'd ever heard. It was as if her heart got put into over drive beating faster and faster with no indication of slowing down. She felt her whole body become hotter. "You don't have to say it...not until you're ready"

"It's not that I don't.. uh I was just caught off guard..." Danielle turned to the window watching the night sky.

"Oh, and why is that" Kaylee raised a brow. "Because I'm me..."

"Y-yeah..." Danielle muttered.

"I know that I should wait but... I've been thinking a lot recently, thinking about how maybe you could be the one for me.... you know like soulmates" Kaylee laughed at the cheesy thought of actually having a soul mate. If someone were to tell Kaylee she'd be calling someone a soul mate she would of laughed in their face, now she loves the idea of a soul mate.

"Why cause our birthday are literally a day apart" Danielle laughed.

"That and... because we kept getting drawn to each other...More times then you know" Kaylee said as she pulled into the drive way. She turned off the car but made no attempt of getting out. Danielle who already had the door opened nodded slightly and closed the door staying in the car. No one said anything. They wanted to take in the atmosphere a little longer. Danielle saw Kaylee beaming a bright smile. It was a happy feeling for the both of them.

"I've been here before, loving someone I mean" Kaylee softly spoke trying not to scare the younger girl.

"With Maya...Aria mentioned her name in the studio... he said I was another Maya" Danielle confessed what she had heard earlier. It was something that's been stuck in her head wondering what he meant. Was it that he thought she was a gold digger only using Kaylee for her money. Or was there another reason. After all Kaylee did say they dated before she got famous.

"You're nothing like Maya. I thought Maya was someone I could adore and love... I gave her everything before I had anything. You know when they said love is blind, well they weren't wrong. I was 17 just making YouTube covers in my room living life in my small LA apartment with Alex. Since she was 18 at the time she got us a place. My family and I weren't to well off so moving in with Alex took some stress off my parents. Maya lived in Miami so I flew her here so we could be together. Everything was going great amazing even for the first few months but Alex didn't like her. She told me I could do whatever as long as it made me happy but she would never trust or like Maya. Alex is over protective, but I've never seen her as mad as she was that day. We argued and I said things to her that I regret." Kaylee gripped her steering wheel tightly showing the white of her knuckles.

"So, You left your apartment in a fit of rage?" Danielle ask curiously hoping the answer wasn't what she was thinking.

"Yeah I did" Kaylee laughed in frustration. "I went to Mayas apartment that i was paying for by the way with money from working at a restaurant" Kaylee took a deep breath. Danielle brought her finger to her chin. She remembered when Kaylee and her first had dinner together. Kaylee neatly stacked the plates to make it easier to take them away. She cleaned up the table and made Danielle job easier.

"Can I take a wild guess as to what happened next" Danielle laughed slightly trying to bring some form of humor into the deep conversation.

"With Aria" Kaylee rolled her eyes. Danielle eyes widen. Yes she thought Maya had cheated but with Aria. Danielle thought they were friends at first but after Kaylee told her how much of an ass he was it made sense. "You know that song it wasn't me by shaggy" Kaylee laughed. Danielle and Kaylee both looked at each other probably having the same idea. And sure enough they both started singing