Chapter 12: Sometimes

After the eventful day, Alex finally managed to get Kaylee somewhere safe. She took it upon herself to rent out the entire top floor of a near by restaurant so Kaylee could have some privacy. She wasn't going to walk all the way to their hotel nor was she going to call Makena to arrange a ride. Her only option was to sober up her best friend. Once Kaylee got her second wind it became easier to get the girl to eat and drink water.

She was glad Kaylee was eating something, but knew that hangover was going to kill her in the morning. "Kaylee talk to me" Alex told the drunken girl who was playing around with her utensils.

"It's fine, I made my choice, I'll not morass myself in regrets." Kaylee said as she put another piece of steak in her mouth.

"Choice?" Alex asked, voice soft. "Who said this was an either or situation? It doesn't have to be a choice, Kaylee. You like the girl, and the instant you thought she was going to reject you, you to took it at face value." Alex let out a long sigh.

"Can I just get another drink, it helps me get rid of all the stress I have bottled up inside." Kaylee got up from the table struggling to keep balance.

"Kaylee you had enough alcohol for one life time, eat your food and drink the water, you have to get sober" Alex held the younger girl still so she wouldn't fall forward. "You know what this isn't my monkey or my zoo, I'll just call Dani" Alex began to take her phone out. Kaylee was leaning against Alex's shoulder looking over at what the girl was doing. Her eyes widen when she saw who Alex was calling.  Kaylee took Alex's phone and chucked it off the roof top.

"Kaylee What the fuck..." Alex pushed the girl back to her seat watching as her phone fell from at least 30 stories.

"Dont talk to that heartbreaker... she'll only lead you on and rip your heart out and break it... break it into million pieces" Kaylee began to cry.

"Okay... okay I won't just, please eat so I can take you back to the hotel" Alex pleaded unsure of what else to do. She never seen Kaylee like this. It was always Alex who got drunk and Kaylee was the one to take care of the girl.

The rest of the night was quiet as Kaylee ate her food and Alex just watched over her. Once she was done she felt well enough to walk. Thankful, Alex grabbed Kaylee and dragged her by her arm back to their hotel. Alex gave Kaylee her coat and put the hoodie on as well as some sunglasses. As soon as they hit the ground floor paparazzi and fans almost ambushed the girl. Even though Alex was the only one with the celebrity she managed to make them all step back a few feet. Kaylee however didn't bother to lift her head up or anything. She kept clinging onto her friends arm like her life depended on it. She was drunk, and the lights flashing only made things 10x worse. Every step Kaylee took felt heavy, and slow. The voices from the people around her began to sound muffled her vision growing blurry a bit.

When Kaylee and Alex finally made it to the hotel she sadly walked to her bedroom. Alex reluctantly followed her watching as she tried to change her clothes. Alex was about to help her but the sight of Kaylee putting on her pjs backwards was to funny to pass up. After that Kaylee wanted to brush her teeth but she would knock out once she got the tooth brush into her mouth. Alex again had to help her brush her teeth. By the end of it Kaylee was finally in bed.

"Alex" Kaylee whispered in her sleep. Alex looked at the girl and squatted to eye level. Kaylees eyes were closed yet she was still conscious. "I wanna know "I love you" how does it feel when someone says that to you? No one had ever said those words to me and actually meant it." Kaylees last words were a little muffled due to her pillow covering her mouth. But they rang so clear. "Can i ask you a question" Kaylee asked "Am I just not capable of being loved."

"I love you" Alex rolled her eyes rubbing the girls back for comfort.

"I wasn't asking about you" Kaylee looked up at her friends before falling back into her pillow. She had finally fallen asleep.