Chapter 28: Honest Mistake

"I still can't believe how good you are at this. I'm impressed" Kaylee laughed. Both Alex and Kaylee were in her bedroom on the first level sitting on the carpet, back pressed on the couch behind them. Laptop on the coffee table.

"You seriously forget the time I hacked into the school to change my Fs into Bs. Oh how you wound me Bryant." Alex shook her head typing away as Kaylee watched in awed. "How much longer until you want to put your plan into affect" Alex looked at her friend.

"I wanna wait it out a little more. There is still something I have to do. You know how I feel about insurance" Kaylee smiled taking a sip of her shake.

"Hey Kay about what we saw the other day... you know about Da-"

"Hey guys, what you doing" Danielle walked down the stairs drying her hair with her towel. Alex simply smiled slowly and gently closing her laptop. She looked at Kaylee who simply gave her a uncaring shrug.

"Just writing new music" was all Alex said before standing up. "I have to do something that's not here, I will see you...later" Alex smiled once more walking towards the sliding doors.

"Alex" Kaylee called out. The older girl stopped to turn around.

"I don't care about that. It's not my place. So don't worry about it either." Kaylee firmly spoke trying to get her message to her friend.

Alex heard it loud and clear. "I have no say in this. But don't worry, I understand" Alex waved the girl off and walked out.

"What was that about" Danielle asked curiously. Kaylee extended her hand towards Danielle which she gladly took walking to sit next to the older girl.

"Just Alex being Alex concerned over my well being as well as figuring out what we are going to do about the movie.... going back to the east coast or not" Kaylee focused on the blue eyed girl next to her. She took the towel from her hand and began to dry Danielle hair. Danielle laughed when Kaylee dug into her skull. "I was thinking we can get your stuff from Phoebes today and bring it over. Maybe go shopping"

"Shopping... like out in public" Danielle was shocked. "With me... why?" Danielle nervously began to rub her thumbs together.

"Unless you don't want to. We've been dating for over 6 months now. I want to take you out... on actually dates. Without wearing a disguise or hiding. But I don't want to do those things if it makes you uncomfortable. So it's your decision"

"You actually want to be seen out in public with me... you're not embarrassed of me" Danielle voice was almost at a whisper.

"Have you seen yourself. You are beautiful like... dammmnnn" Kaylee laughed. "I could never be embarrassed to date you. I want to show you off."

"But what about Aria... you're suppose to be in PR until the movie" Danielle remembered the deal they had made. It hurt the girl when she would see them on tv and gossip tabloid. She wanted to be the one next to her girlfriend.

"I don't care anymore. Whatever penalties I have to pay I will."

It took Danielle everything in her to not tense up. Thinking about what Makena said and how Kaylees career could end. Yet Kaylee didn't seem to care. But she didn't know whether it was true or not. Did she really want to cost Kaylee A-List status. Lose everything for some random girl she just met and barley dated.

If anything Danielle was now more confused. How could someone sacrifice their lively hood for some girl. Thinking about what would happen if they broke up. Relationships are unpredictable. What if Kaylee found out about her life. Would she still want her in her life. Danielle hated how it was always Kaylee sacrificing everything for her. And Danielle hated how she couldn't do one thing for Kaylee.