Chapter 14: Could of Been You

Once Alex pulled up into the drive way Danielle couldn't help but stare in awe at the giant house in front of her. "Welcome to Hidden Hills Casa de Bryant," Alex laughed as she saw just how amazed Danielle looked.

Both girls got out of the car and made their way into the house. It was huge on the inside much like the outside. Everything was so modern and stylish. It sure fit kaylees style. Alex decided to give the girl the grand tour hoping to get the younger girl to feel comfortable.

Since they left the studio Danielle had been quiet, just looking out the window watching the cars pass by. Alex tried to talk to her but didn't know what to say. She wanted to bring up Aria, since she knew it wasn't just your typical run in with an old "friend". She figured she'd tell Kaylee about the encounter and let her handle it. She'll just keep watch over the girl for now.

Alex took Danielle all around the house showing her the double kitchen, the home theater, the gym, pool, arcade room, and of course Kaylee bedroom. It was the master bedroom to of course it was the biggest. The doors to enter the room were slide doors that open with a sensor when close to the door. When they walked in there were 2 levels. The ground floor was of course the living room area with couches and a giant tv. Up the 5 stairs was Kaylees bed as well as closet and bathroom.

"Wow this place is amazing. I knew she had a huge house but I never expected this." Danielle entered the room and started to look around. One thing that caught Danielle's attention was a big portrait of Kaylee hanging on the side of the wall. It was a picture of Kaylee singing on stage facing the crowd.

"That was the first time Kaylee preformed on tour. The first tour she did as a solo artist; it was the best day of her life" Alex explained the picture they were both looking at.

"She's really is talented isn't she..." Danielle paused for a moment before turning towards the older girl. "Is Kaylee... happy?".  Alex raised a brow and took a deep breath. Sure she could of lied and say she was the happiest girl in the world. Who wouldn't be with the nice cars, designer clothes, fancy foods from around the word and a bank account that would take 3 generations to drain. Kaylee had it all, so why wouldn't she be happy.

But the truth was, her celebrity life style wasn't enough now.

"To an extend," was all Alex could say. "You saw what happened today at the studio. Things like that happen all the time. One minute she is relaxing, enjoying herself, next thing you know she is doing 3 interviews and a photoshoot that same day. But Kaylee never bats an eye. She couldn't careless. But lately she's been standing up to her management team."

"Is that bad?" Danielle asked worryingly. Last thing she wanted was to be the reason Kaylee would lose her career.

"For Kaylee no. But for management yes. You make Kaylee happy. Happier then I'd ever seen her. This house, these cars, Kaylee spends money to fill a hole. But lately you're all the girls been thinking about." Alex goes towards Kaylees closet and begins to take out some clothes tossing them to Danielle. "You know when she was a kid, and even now she always loved to read books?"

"So Kaylee's an avid reader" Danielle smile at the little information.

"Before she was Kaylee was Kaylee Bryant she was just a girl in her bedroom who read book to escape her reality. Loved reading about the many places of the world, and the adventures they would have. To her reading them was like traveling to other places. Being other people. Living other lives that weren't her own. It made her life far less... lonely" Alex gave Danielle a soft smile. "By the time she because the successful actress that she is now... well you can imagine her excitement whenever she had to travel. Kaylee was always ready to go to her next location. Even if she had been there before. Ready for a new adventure of her own. Eventually the words 'this might sound crazy' left her common scene and acted impulsively."