Chapter 40: I Didn't Mean To

There wasn't anything in the world to prepare Danielle for the very eventful day she was about to have. She had never acted before so this was a new experience for her, however she was kind of excited. Maybe it was just the nerves from seeing all the cameras and the people doing her hair and make-up that made her feel like a movie star. On the other hand, she couldn't help the sinking feeling she had in the pit of her stomach. Watching as Kaylees name was removed from her trailer and replaced with hers. How everything that was once her girlfriends now belonged to her. But the icing of this fucked up cake; Kaylee was banned from entering the film site. So Danielles only source of comfort and familiarity was Alex and Jenny.

At the moment Danielle was rehearsing her lines in her dressing room. She felt like she was re-reading the same lines over and over and nothing was getting stuck in her head. She didn't understand how she was so good at studying and could memorize powerpoints and lectures but not stupid dialogues. Thankfully she was distracted when she heard a knock at her door. When she got up to see who it was, she noticed it was Kaylee in disguise.

"Loving the handle bar mustache. And the sunglass and bucket hat totally gives off the Im not a stalker vibe" Danielle laughed looking at Kaylee. She stepped to the side allowing the girl to enter.

"Here" Kaylee handed her fiancé a cup of hot chocolate. "It's cold outside, and I know how hard you've been practicing your lines. I thought you might like something sweet and warm." Kaylee said sweetly. She looked around her former trailer and her once warm smile faded to a tight lip.

"I told them to leave everything bu-"

"It's fine." Kaylee cut Danielle off. Kaylee looked at the makeup area and noticed the script on the table. "So are you ready begin our plan"

"Yeah- Can we go over it one more time" Danielle asked shyly walking to the near by chair and sitting down.

"I'm going to make sure that the cameras all stop working. Then Alex is going to cause a wardrobe malfunction and taking a few things that would be of an inconvenience. Like taking everyone's left shoe" Kaylee laughed, but Danielle only smiled. "But the main thing is for you to mess up your lines, and just be a horrible actress"

"Thats easier said then done" Danielle said looking down at the ground trying to avoid eye contact. Kaylee took notice.

"Is everything okay?" Kaylee asked, kneeling down to meet Danielle eyes, but she kept dodging her.

"I'm fine. I just don't wanna mess up."

"Look at me, please" Kaylee said sincerely.

"How did we get here?"

"What do you mean"

"I was just a waitress working full time at a diner and you were excited to shoot this movie. Now, you're being held at gun point, and I'm the one holding the gun. Because of my messed up life, I'm ruining your career" Danielle let out her thoughts as a tear rolled down her eye. Danielle laughed at how tragic this whole thing was.

"Yeah it's pretty messed up" Kaylee nodded but held on to her smile. "But... we're getting our revenge."

"Maybe things would of been better if you were with Maya instead of me" Danielle wipes away the tears from her eyes.

"Maya, was a mistake in my life that should of ended before it started. I was desperate and stupid, wanting someone to love me. Maya doesn't mean anything of what she use to. She holds no place in my life." Kaylee stood up and grabbed Danielle hand taking her to the long couch that was on the other side of the room. Both of them sitting close to eachother. "You however mean so much, that the thought of losing would literally kill me. I fell in love with you Danielle, and that meant falling in love with everything. Your future, your present... and even your past. You and I we have a love that's one of a kind." Kaylee held her fiancée hand, and began to play with the ring that was around Danielles finger. That engagement was only a ruse to help Kaylee end the PR contract, but she knew in that moment that Danielle was her future, and the ring on her finger will signify her real intentions of that future.